DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   New release of Cineform available (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/99937-new-release-cineform-available.html)

Ray Bell July 27th, 2007 04:45 PM

New release of Cineform available

On the Cineform site there are updates to the Cineform Software...

Just thought you might want to know.. :-)

Brandon Miletta July 28th, 2007 10:02 PM

I am confused, why does it say this in the newest update as well as the update before that?? There a type or something?

Fixed: real-time playback of titles and color bars in non-square pixel projects under Premiere Pro CS3 – they would play with the wrong pixel aspect.

Mark Leonard July 29th, 2007 11:05 AM

dang, new version of prospect doesnt fix the rendering issues :(. thanks for the heads up on the new versions though

Steven Gotz July 29th, 2007 11:21 AM

Brandon,

My guess is that somebody reported a flaw in their fix. These guys don't like letting flaws stay out there very long.

Stacy Rothwell July 30th, 2007 02:04 PM

Any chance this is the fix for the *#^%)@& render to .m2t problem? Please?

David Newman July 30th, 2007 02:38 PM

Not this release, M2T export option should hopefully be back next month sometime. Is finally getting higher priority, now that we getting CS3 and Vista patches behind us.

Stacy Rothwell July 30th, 2007 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 720781)
Not this release, M2T export option should hopefully be back next month sometime. Is finally getting higher priority, now that we getting CS3 and Vista patches behind us.

Does that mean the Vista Com Surrogate error is fixed?

Actually I may not care any more..... I just put in a requestion for a Mac Pro. I'm fed up with Adobe Premiere..... especially that they don't support XDCAM HD.....

David Newman July 30th, 2007 02:55 PM

The COM surrogate errors are due to a component we license, that got an upgrade this week, testing it out now.

-- Update : just confirmed the COM Surrogate errors are fixed.

Good luck with FCP, although if you want to use XDCAM, that is now supported with CineForm tools.

Stacy Rothwell July 30th, 2007 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 720794)
The COM surrogate errors are due to a component we license, that got an upgrade this week, testing it out now.

-- Update : just confirmed the COM Surrogate errors are fixed.

Good luck with FCP, although if you want to use XDCAM, that is now supported with CineForm tools.

David,

How does Ceneform tools use XDCAM? Does it get material off the ethernet port as a file transfer? that's what I want to do that Adobe doesn't (among others).

thanks!

David Newman July 30th, 2007 04:58 PM

All File I/O, mount the files however you wish, then convert to AVIs with HDLink.

Dave Campbell July 31st, 2007 01:36 PM

David, I assume the next update would have the com fix then?

Dave

David Newman July 31st, 2007 05:18 PM

Yes, the next release in a few days with also addressing that annoying Vista issue.