HDMI input SD 1.6.248 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old January 28th, 2011, 05:58 PM   #1
Regular Crew

HDMI input SD 1.6.248

I have just discoverd that hdmi input with nano flash (version 1.6.248) does not support SD,I tried to connect nano to my PMW-350 via hdmi and using SD output and the nano gave me the message (codec error) and no sorce,I tried that same connection with previous firmware (1.6.29) and it worked just fine with no issue at all.
I don't know if there is something wrong with the new firmware with hdmi SD input or that is just me doing something wrong with configuration, I have tried many times and all I got is (codec error).
All I know that once I install the previous firmware (1.6.29) it worked just fine.
Just thought to post this,I don't know if someone noticed that or maybe CD can help understanding if I'm doing something wrong.
It's not a big issue for me, but it just happen that I had to use hdmi input (I always use SDI) to record SD mode.
Samer
VIDEOSHOT
Samer Aslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2011, 07:33 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Dear Samer,

We will look into this.

We do not support SD playback out of the HDMI port, but SD into via HDMI should be supported.
Old January 29th, 2011, 07:30 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Dan, I would like to be able to view SD out of the HDMI port when I need to record SD. It gives me confidence that it is recording it correctly when those times when I have a client that needs SD. If would make my life easier in those situations.

Thanks! James
James Redmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2011, 08:13 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Dear James,

Yes, that would be nice.

We do not like to have restrictions like that; it is just a matter of development priorities and how long it takes to develop the feature.

We can put your request on our list.
Old March 11th, 2011, 06:08 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Re: HDMI input SD 1.6.248

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Keaton View Post
Dear Samer,

We will look into this.

We do not support SD playback out of the HDMI port, but SD into via HDMI should be supported.
Hi Dan,any news about recording SD to nanoflash via hdmi? I know you can't playback SD from hdmi but it should be possible to record SD via hdmi like previous firmware,it would be nice to have this possibility also with this new firmware 1.6.248... I do a lot of recording (mpeg sd mode) from timeline via MXO2 and it has only hdmi output only..I appreciate a lot the great work you do with this device
Thanks in advance
Samer

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey