nanoFlash Details - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old July 11th, 2008, 04:24 PM   #61
Inner Circle

Gentlemen, let's get real - not all requests and wishes can be fulfilled by the nanoFlash! I'd be more than happy if I could keep it in my breast pocket when shooting hand-held with my EX1 (with the nano either powered through the Coco-ex adaptor, or - in case I need it for a light - from the smaller U30 battery mounted directly on the unit).

With the EX3, it's perfect placement (with or without its own battery) would be the rear cold shoe (put there by Sony with the new HD unit in mind).

With the tripod, the options are many; for instance a cold shoe "doubler" can be used to share the EX1's only shoe between a lamp and the nanoFlash. A cage that goes under the camera is also a viable solution, however certainly not the best one when using a fully-blown rig, including a 35mm adaptor and rails...

Speaking of rails - fixing the nanoFlash to the rails behind the camera with a special bracket could also be a good solution.
Old July 11th, 2008, 05:26 PM   #62
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr Wozniacki View Post
Speaking of rails - fixing the nanoFlash to the rails behind the camera with a special bracket could also be a good solution.
Zacuto has a nice rail mounted wireless plate that will hopefully work -

http://store.zacuto.com/product.php?...14&cat=84&page
E.J. Sadler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2008, 01:06 PM   #63
New Boot

Is there any shiping dates for the nanoFlash? I would love to see some stillfootage/movieclips with the nanoFlash and the Sony EX1
Victor Danell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2008, 11:42 AM   #64
Convergent Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Danell View Post
Is there any shiping dates for the nanoFlash? I would love to see some stillfootage/movieclips with the nanoFlash and the Sony EX1
Hi Victor-
We're in PCB (Printed Circuit Board) layout and cabinet design now. We are hoping to show a unit at IBC in September and go into prodcution shortly thereafter. Since we are reusing 95% of the technology of Flash XDR, we expect the development and debug to require a minimum amount of time (as compared to the Flash XDR).

We plan to post footage from XDR and the EX1 later this month. The video footage would be identical from either XDR or nanoFlash as we exactly the same CODEC (the Sony module) in both boxes.

I'll try to keep you posted on our progress from time to time.
Old August 7th, 2008, 11:54 AM   #65
Inner Circle

Mike will you have your own stand or are you sharing stand space at IBC. Where can we find you?
Old August 7th, 2008, 12:57 PM   #66
Convergent Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alister Chapman View Post
Mike will you have your own stand or are you sharing stand space at IBC. Where can we find you?
Hi Alister-
I should be either at the Symbiosis stand (they are our EU distributor) or over at the Canon booth. I plan to be at the show all 5 days.
Old August 7th, 2008, 02:22 PM   #67
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Schell View Post
We have a Coco battery adapter in route to us directly from Bebob. We are very excited to start testing this adapter and confirm functionality with our Flash XDR / nanoFlash. We should also be able to report the run times using the big BP-U60 battery.

Stay tuned for more info.
Mike,

How are your tests with the Bebob's Coco-ex? As a yet another alternative solution, you might have a look at this:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=127614
Old August 7th, 2008, 02:41 PM   #68
Convergent Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr Wozniacki View Post
Mike,

How are your tests with the Bebob's Coco-ex? As a yet another alternative solution, you might have a look at this:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=127614
Hi Piotr-
Yes, that looks quite interesting, I'll look into it more. We do have our Coco adapter and it seems to work quite nice. Now we just need a nanoFlash box...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey