DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   Edit QT's in Win, possible? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/141865-edit-qts-win-possible.html)

Tobias Martinsson January 19th, 2009 04:08 AM

Edit QT's in Win, possible?

Hi!

I shoot some greenscreen last friday on the XDR and I'm very pleased with the result.
Problem is I work in both win and mac OS. Files work fine in Mac OS but I can't get them to run in Win. Couldn't find any info about this on Convergent-design.com or here.

Is there a codec that I can use? Or do I have to convert to another format?

// tobias

Dan Keaton January 19th, 2009 06:28 AM

Dear Tobias,

For quality reasons, we are using the 4:2:2 HL profile MPEG2 codec.

This was only recently support by Apple.

As far as we know, at this time, there is no support on Windows.

We are creating a converter for our Quicktime files to MXF format which is widely supported.

We expect to release firmware for the Flash XDR that will allow you to record in either Quicktime or MXF formats.

Within 30 days, we expect to release our Quicktime to MXF / MXF to Quicktime converter.

If you are using Sonv Vegas, then you will need Vegas 8.0(c) or later to work with MXF files. Just choose the XDCam MXF codec.

Greg Booth January 20th, 2009 09:01 AM

Hi Tobias,

I offer a XDCAM HD/EX QuickTime codec for Mac and Windows that might be able to help you. You can download the demo from this webpage from the Calibrated Software site (demo has watermarks).

Calibrated{Q} XD Decode

Cheers,
Greg

Calibrated Software

Perrone Ford January 20th, 2009 09:04 AM

Why not use the Avid DNxHD codec. Goes back and forth seamlessly from PC to Mac.

Nic van Oudtshoorn January 21st, 2009 04:34 AM

MXF on Premiere?

Hi Dan

Further to the following:

If you are using Sonv Vegas, then you will need Vegas 8.0(c) or later to work with MXF files. Just choose the XDCam MXF codec.[/QUOTE]

I use Premiere Pro running under Windows XP - will that be able to accept MXF?

Dan Keaton January 21st, 2009 05:15 AM

Dear Nic,

It is my understanding that, out of the box, Adobe Premiere does not support the 4:2:2 HL Codec. This may change.

However, a codec is available from MainConcept, at a fee, to support this codec.

Here is a link to one of their webpages.

(Please note: I recommend contacting them directly to determine which of their products is best for your needs. You need to be able to support the 4:2:2 HL 50 Mbps codec that the Sony PDW-700 camera uses.)

MainConcept: Information

The following is a quote from MainConcept's website:

"... a free demo version is available to help users evaluate performance on their own systems. MainConcept MPEG Pro HD 3 can only be used with Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 and CS3 ..."