New price, More Features for nanoFlash - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old May 11th, 2009, 01:09 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Dear Brian,

Adobe CS3 does not have a native codec that supports XDCam 4:2:2 HL footage.

A codec is available from MainConcept.

We also support a 4:2:0 35 Mbps mode (EX1/EX3 quality) since CS3 does not natively support our higher quality mode, nor does it support the Sony PDW-700 or PDW-800 cameras.
Old May 11th, 2009, 01:52 PM   #17
Major Player

This is great news guys.

I am shooting a feature in the start of July where I am currently going to record the HD-SDI from my Canon XL H1S to the AJA IO HD. But this Nano Flash would be great for this shoot.

I guess I'm just concerned about release timeframe at this point. Realistically, what is the probability of getting one in June at this point?
Michael Galvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2009, 02:06 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Dear Michael,

If you place order for a nanoFlash now, you should have one by the end of June.

If one took advantage of our priority pre-order program, they should have their's by the end of June.
Old May 11th, 2009, 02:12 PM   #19
Major Player

Thanks Dan! I have to bring this up with the producers then.

But they will probably want some sort of guarantee of it coming in June before placing the money upfront to buy now.

Are you certain about June?

Sorry, not to question you, but we've been burned before in a scenario exactly like this where a company told us a certain timeframe, we paid upfront and then didn't deliver on time. Suffice to say, we don't buy anything from them anymore.
Michael Galvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2009, 02:32 PM   #20
Inner Circle

Dear Michael,

To open up a bit, we are building quite a few in June.

We are building 5 production units at this time (to prove that everthing will work in our production units). We will have these built in the next week or so.

We are building more than twice as many as we have priority pre-orders.

Our production boards are due to us on June 5. Then we have to assemble and test the units. We test the unit, then we burn it in for about 14 or more hours, then we test it again.

It does not take us too long (my opinion) to build each one.

We have been promising by the end of June. We expect to start shipping around the middle of June.

But, we have been thoroughly checking to see if we will have any parts availability problems.

But, we are receiving quite a few orders from our dealers at this time.

Michael, you could just place an order, without placing a deposit. If you wait too long, we feel that we will not be able to fulfill your order by the end of June.

Also, we will fulfill our priority pre-orders first as this is only fair.

If you wish, please send me a private message and I will respond with my phone number.
Old May 11th, 2009, 03:26 PM   #21
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Schell View Post
(Colorado Springs, CO, May 7, 2009) Convergent Design announced today a $2,995 MSRP price for the highly anticipated nanoFlash, which will ship in June, now with analog audio I/O.
....Now that price is approaching a point which makes more sense. This price point will get this product out of the hands of most of the elite and into the hands of digi-independents and underground shooters. $3K US is less than an HVX 200 A or an XL H1. Good to see you folks at Convergent are beginning to see the light.
Mark Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2009, 12:59 PM   #22
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Keaton View Post
Dear Brian,

Adobe CS3 does not have a native codec that supports XDCam 4:2:2 HL footage.

A codec is available from MainConcept.
Dear Dan,

I was searching your site on the nano and I've read that Axio supports all formats. Does this mean that if I have Axio + Premier CS3 I can work in all formats or does Premiere restricts the other formats even though bundled with an Axio?

And if I buy the codec from Main concept can I use CS3 with all formats?

Thanks
Brian Cassar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2009, 04:51 AM   #23
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Cassar View Post
Dear Dan,

I was searching your site on the nano and I've read that Axio supports all formats. Does this mean that if I have Axio + Premier CS3 I can work in all formats or does Premiere restricts the other formats even though bundled with an Axio?

And if I buy the codec from Main concept can I use CS3 with all formats?

Thanks
Dear Brian,

I will attempt to find an answer for your regarding Axio + Premier CS3.

I have spoken with MainConcept and I believe that their codec package for CS3 supports our formats, specifically Sony PDW-700 4:2:2 HL footage that we create.
Old May 13th, 2009, 08:12 AM   #24
Convergent Design

Matrox Axio and Flash XDR / nanoFlash

Check out this thread on Matrox Axio and Flash XDR. Multi-stream playback is possible: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/convergen...time-axio.html

Best-
Old May 22nd, 2009, 03:37 PM   #25
New Boot

XLR audio

I’m so excited about the NanoFlash . Gh-1 has bad video compression but has HDMI output. Nanoflash would be the perfect pair. I would love to have a set of XLR audio input so we can have high quality audio too. I do not see this feature (XLR audio) on the website.

Remote record switch and tally led in the right place where we are used to in a pro video camera. Is there a photo of this somewhere on the site?
Kim W
Kim Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2009, 07:27 PM   #26
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Wang View Post
I’m so excited about the NanoFlash . Gh-1 has bad video compression but has HDMI output. Nanoflash would be the perfect pair. I would love to have a set of XLR audio input so we can have high quality audio too. I do not see this feature (XLR audio) on the website.

Remote record switch and tally led in the right place where we are used to in a pro video camera. Is there a photo of this somewhere on the site?
Kim W
Sorry Kim...but the HDMI out is crippled ont he GH-1. No uncompressed out or even live viewingh.
Ian G. Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2009, 04:10 AM   #27
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Cassar View Post
I happen to edit with Premiere CS3 + Axio LE. What are the restricted usage with Premiere please? Thanks
Just to point out that with your Axio LE, the Matrox 4 series drivers, and Pr CS4 you can edit the C-D material natively just like Matrox I-frame material. In fact the system sees it as Matrox I-frame so all the real time capabilities are present.

(Oh, I see that Mike already pointed to the thread...)
David Cherniack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2009, 07:00 PM   #28
Major Player

Dan or Mike,

I was watching the video on the new PPRO CS4 version 4.1. Although there was no mention of it in the video, I thought I saw a codec choice for Convergent Design MXF while the narrator was demonstrating setting up a new project.

Am I correct that the new version of PPRO CS4 is going to be able to handle all of the convergent design MXF files?

Thanks,
Alan
Alan Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2009, 07:29 PM   #29
Inner Circle

Dear Alan,

Sorry, but I do not know for certain at this time.

I will check with Mike.
Old May 29th, 2009, 04:44 AM   #30
Inner Circle

Dear Alan,

Mike will send, or has already sent, an email to Adobe.

We will post what we learn as soon as possible.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey