XDR---TV drama shoot at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old May 22nd, 2009, 09:36 PM   #1
New Boot
XDR---TV drama shoot

I have just wrapped from a 13 week tv drama shoot using 2 x Flash XDR on 2 camera kits . 3 pick up days to go but so far the recorders have been working seemlessly. 13 x 5 day weeks they have been running continously without fault. Being that I started the job in feb I chose along with post facility and CGi input to shoot 100mbps , MXF , long gop. 1080/25psf.
The images look great.
Thanks to Dan, Mike and Tommy for outstanding support and Dan especially being only a phone call away 24/7. During prep week I phoned him a few times from New Zealand and even at 3am in London he answered the phone and talked me through a couple of questions. So for me and cameraworks.co.nz the XDR have been tried and tested and have past with flying colours. No better way than to crack into a 13 week drama to test new gear. Looking forward to getting into the grade although that will be a few months away.

David Paul
New Zealand

Photo. My Grip Andy South setting up Camera/XDR.
Attached Thumbnails
XDR---TV drama shoot-xdr-kt-lk-shack.jpg  

Last edited by David Paul; May 22nd, 2009 at 10:03 PM. Reason: adding photo
David Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2009, 05:53 AM   #2
Inner Circle
Dear David,

Thank you for posting your experiences and the very kind words.

Please let us know when your project is complete.
Dan Keaton
Augusta Georgia
Dan Keaton is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

Omega Broadcast
(512) 251-7778
Austin, TX

(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

(800) 238-8480
Glendale, CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey