DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   Cheapest online Sandisk Extreme IV ? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/239980-cheapest-online-sandisk-extreme-iv.html)

Ofer Levy July 29th, 2009 06:13 PM

Cheapest online Sandisk Extreme IV ?

Any idea as to where is a good place to buy these cards online?

Thanks,

Ofer

Dan Keaton July 29th, 2009 06:25 PM

Dear Ofer,

If you check out the B&H website, you will find that there is a rebate, but just for selected dealers.

The rebate is in the form of a prepaid Visa debit card.

Chris Hurd July 29th, 2009 07:02 PM

Just beware that "cheapest" can often equate with "poor imitation" and "counterfeit."

Ofer Levy July 29th, 2009 08:50 PM

Thanks guys!
Dan, I believe the rebate is for US buyers only.
Chris, this is exactly the reason why I am hoping to hear from people in here - I guess the tilte of this thread is not that accurate.

Thanks,

Ofer

Dan Keaton July 30th, 2009 04:58 AM

Dear Ofer,

Sorry, I did not realize that it was for US only.

David Paul July 30th, 2009 06:32 AM

whats cheap?

Someone on Zillion.co.nz is selling genuine Sandisk Extreme IV 16g cards for nz$288 (thats about us$189 or for you Ofer aus$230)--still a lot of money for 16gig but the Delkin CompactFlash Pro 16g will do the same job wont they? at much lower cost, although in ideal scenario I'd have all Sandisks. Going for Delkins to get us to 220mbps and Sandisk III for up to 160mbps. It is a cost decision. Though have not ordered yet if anyone has news or advice on these cards.
(still sitting on 8 x dud kingstons --wrangling with supplier for 10 days now....great replies from them like " they are not faulty, you ordered the wrong ones" or " they are not faulty because we have never heard they are" or " they are not faulty they are just not compatable" and the latest was "Anyway , where on our website does it say they (kingstons) will work in the XDR" ....and onward we go :-)

cheers dp

Mike Schell July 30th, 2009 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Paul (Post 1178602)
Someone on Zillion.co.nz is selling genuine Sandisk Extreme IV 16g cards for nz$288 (thats about us$189 or for you Ofer aus$230)--still a lot of money for 16gig but the Delkin CompactFlash Pro 16g will do the same job wont they? at much lower cost, although in ideal scenario I'd have all Sandisks. Going for Delkins to get us to 220mbps and Sandisk III for up to 160mbps. It is a cost decision. Though have not ordered yet if anyone has news or advice on these cards.
(still sitting on 8 x dud kingstons --wrangling with supplier for 10 days now....great replies from them like " they are not faulty, you ordered the wrong ones" or " they are not faulty because we have never heard they are" or " they are not faulty they are just not compatable" and the latest was "Anyway , where on our website does it say they (kingstons) will work in the XDR" ....and onward we go :-)

cheers dp

Hi David-
You could also mention that the failing Kingston cards also do not work reliably in the MAC. We could never successfully copy a large (1GB) file to the Kingston card.

Best-