DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   nanoFlash Firmware Notes (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/240005-nanoflash-firmware-notes.html)

Dan Keaton July 30th, 2009 05:28 AM

nanoFlash Firmware Notes

Dear Friends,

Here are a couple of notes on the nanoFlash.

With our initial nanoFlash firmware does not support "Hot Swapping".
Thus, while recording or playing back, do not add or remove a CompactFlash card.

We will be adding Hot Swapping as soon as possible to both the nanoFlash and the Flash XDR.

Currently whenever a card is inserted, we go through a procedure to identify and checkout the card. We do this to ensure that when we record to the card, it will work properly.

The problem is that during recording we do not have time to properly checkout the card and also record.

There is a known issue with our Audio Level Meters during playback.

The audio level meters will display proper levels, then for a short time show 0dB, then resuming showing the proper audio level. This pattern repeats.

Dean Harrington October 13th, 2009 08:20 AM

Could you provide ...

The upgrade procedure listed as a sticky might help as a fast reference. I'm still looking for the info on the last update.

Lance Librandi October 13th, 2009 03:44 PM

Hello Dan,
The "Hot Swapping" feature is a must for long form work and idea when this will be implemented.

Thanks

Ted O'Brien October 19th, 2009 05:00 PM

Can you Hot Swap the cards while not recording or playing back? We have been shutting down the units anytime we eject or insert a card. Can we leave the units powered on?

Dan Keaton October 19th, 2009 05:23 PM

Dear Ted,

Yes, please feel free to insert any card, eject any card, and replace it with another, as desired, as long as the nanoFlash is not recording or playing back.

There is no harm to the card or the nanoFlash in doing so.

In the future, we will also allow hot swapping while recording and playing back.

Lance Librandi October 19th, 2009 05:25 PM

Hi Ted,
I have been swapping my cards after about 5 seconds after getting green lights on CF1& CF2 which is also the recommended time for changing menu items after recording. I have not suffered any problems, the manual states when not change cards so changing cards any other time must be ok?

Luben Izov May 27th, 2010 06:10 PM

nanoFlash firmware beta release 1.5.249

Hello Dan et all at CD,
Thank you for the new Beta Firmware with all the fixes and add ons!

Thank you
Luben

Dan Keaton May 27th, 2010 07:08 PM

Dear Luben,

As promised, this firmware, has the "File locking" removed.

We would have liked to implement the "File Locking" function as a menu option.

However, at the time we decided to implement this as a menu option, we were already deeply involved in testing this firmware release. We did not want to make this firmware change, then have to restart our testing again from scratch.

"File Locking" as a menu option is scheduled for our next firmware release.

Ned Soltz May 27th, 2010 07:30 PM

Thanks. Just downloaded and updated without incident. Will report as I have the opportunity to shoot with it.

Ned

David Cherniack May 27th, 2010 07:37 PM

Dan or Mike,

What's the future status of the 2 Channel analogue in with SDI audio feature.

David

Dan Keaton May 27th, 2010 07:52 PM

Dear David,

The +2 channel audio feature is still on our roadmap.

We delayed this to work on issues reported by our users.