DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   battery connection ... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/240187-battery-connection.html)

Dean Harrington August 2nd, 2009 06:08 PM

battery connection ...

I'm assuming the XDR has the same Hirose female 4-pin connector plug-in as the NanoFlash? I wonder if anyone with an XDR can recommend a seller that has the Hirose connector with a standard mini-plug for hook-up to a battery. For the moment, I'll be running the Nano off a tekkon battery.

Dan Keaton August 2nd, 2009 07:10 PM

Dear Dean,

The Flash XDR uses a standard 4-Pin Male XLR power connector for 6 to 20 V DC power input with Pin 1 ground and Pin 4 Hot.

The nanoFlash uses a Hirose 4-Pin Male power connector for 6.5 to 19.5 V DC power input with Pin 1 positve and Pin 4 ground.

The Hirose Connector needed to mate with the nanoFlash is a Hirose HR10A-7p-4sc(73), crimp version, or HR10A-7p-4s(73), solder version.

Please note that the crimp version does not come with pins, (female pins needed) and it requires the use of a very expensive crimping tool.

The solder version requires a very fine tip soldering tool.

Alex Dolgin of Battery Charger Quad - Camera DC Power - DC Power Converters - Panasonic - Sony - Canon - JVC makes battery plates for use with various batteries.

We will be adding a batteries and chargers to our line also.

We have 4-Pin XLR to Hirose cables, D-Tap to Hirose, and 4-Pin Hirose to bare leads.

For the Sony EX1/EX3, we like the Swit battery with a D-Tap that Alex Dolgin sells. This then requires a D-Tap to Hirose cable from us.

Dean Harrington August 3rd, 2009 02:14 AM

dan & Mike ...

thanks for the reply. I've just bought Alex Dolgin's swit battery w/ D-Tap and have sent you a reply via email on getting your D-Tap connector w/ Hirose 4-pin to connect to the Nano. As soon as the battery and the D-Tap are here ... I can get the Nano into operation.

David Issko August 3rd, 2009 05:04 AM

What about a short male to female hirose cable from the Bebob Coco EX to the nanoflash? I would like a couple of those please.

Dan Keaton August 3rd, 2009 06:18 AM

Dear David,

What camera are you using?

Where would you be mounting the nanoFlash?

Will you be using the Hotshoe Ball Mount to mount the nanoFlash?

If you have an EX1/EX3 and use the hotshoe at the front of the camera, the cable needs to be longer.

If you have an EX3 and use the cold shoe at the back of the cable, the cable needs to be shorter.

What length do you need?

Just to confirm: since you are using the Coco EX power adapter, the Hirose connectors (power outputs) are female, 4-Pin. Thus our cable needs to be 4-Pin Male Hirose (Coco EX end) to 4-Pin Female for nanoFlash end.

Jeff Silverman August 3rd, 2009 06:59 AM

We make these cables up all the time and have plenty of connectors and nice Mogami cable lying around. I can make these for anyone on very short notice. Contact Dan or myself directly off list for details.

Speaking of Dan and off topic, he has been working very hard to free up a Nano for us which we are showing to a very high profile sports film company tomorrow in DC. I'll post results tomorrow night of how it went. They are already using the XDR. Thanks to Dan and Mike for the help on that.

Jeff

David Issko August 3rd, 2009 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Keaton (Post 1180205)
Dear David,

What camera are you using?

Where would you be mounting the nanoFlash?

Will you be using the Hotshoe Ball Mount to mount the nanoFlash?

If you have an EX1/EX3 and use the hotshoe at the front of the camera, the cable needs to be longer.

If you have an EX3 and use the cold shoe at the back of the cable, the cable needs to be shorter.

What length do you need?

Just to confirm: since you are using the Coco EX power adapter, the Hirose connectors (power outputs) are female, 4-Pin. Thus our cable needs to be 4-Pin Male Hirose (Coco EX end) to 4-Pin Female for nanoFlash end.

Thanks Dan for your prompt reply. I am using an EX3 camera so I just need a short lead as I will mount the nf on the rear shoe via a ball mount. Perhaps a length of say 30 cms or so. And double confirming, I will require 2 x male to female hirose cables, with one as a backup. Can you let me know a cost please. Thanks very much.