DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   Anton Bauer Mount (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/357961-anton-bauer-mount.html)

Mohammad Farooqi September 3rd, 2009 10:34 PM

Anton Bauer Mount

Hi Guys,

Just wondering which Anton Bauer battery mount mounts to the Flash XDR. Also who supplies the screws for mounting, Convergent Design or AB?

Dan Keaton September 4th, 2009 05:16 AM

Dear Mr. Farooqi,

We offer multiple solutions so that the Flash XDR can be powered via an Anton Bauer battery.

If you have 15 mm rails out the back, then we have a plate that mounts on the rails, holds the Flash XDR and we offer this with an Anton Bauer Gold Mount for any Anton Bauer Gold Mount Battery.

We also offer a Canon XL H1 mount for the Flash XDR. This allows the use of the Anton Bauer Hytron 50 or Dionic 90 batteries, but there is not enough room for the largest of the brick batteries.

We also offer a nice plate that mounts to the Flash XDR and allows the Anton Bauer Gold Mount Adapter Plate to mount to it also.

We also offer a plate that has Anton Bauer Gold Mount Studs, so that the Flash XDR can be physically mounted to a camera as if it was a battery. But, you will have to power the camera via another means, such as the 4-Pin XLR input.

Mohammad Farooqi September 8th, 2009 12:25 AM

Pictures

Dear Dan,

Where can I see pictures of these mounts, are they on the Anton Bauer website? If so what is the model number?

Thanks

Dan Keaton September 8th, 2009 05:02 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Dear Mr. Farooqi,

Here are some pictures of one mount for 15mm rails.

Please note that the dummy 15 mm rails are not included.

Also, the Anton Bauer Gold Mount Adapter is sold as a separate piece. It has a 4-Pin XLR Power Cable for the Flash XDR.

Dan Keaton September 8th, 2009 05:10 AM

Dear Mr. Farooqi,

Here is a link to some pictures of our Canon XL H1 mount for the Flash XDR.

This mount uses a backplate that allows the Anton Bauer Gold Plate Adapter to be attached to the back of the Flash XDR.

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/converge...flash-xdr.html

Mohammad Farooqi September 8th, 2009 11:58 AM

EX-3 and Hytron 50 batteries

Dear Dan,

The mount you gave the link for is fine. However, I am using a Sony Ex-3 and powering it with an Anton Bauer Hytron 50 battery. So the camera itself is pretty heavy, especially since I am using it on a Steadicam Pilot and trying to minimize weight on the system. So I am looking for an AB mount that will mount to the XDR but not the camera itself. My plan is to have the XDR mounted to the camera operator. Also I am not sure but is the 4 pin XLR on the Flash XDR different than standard 4 pin XLR's? I believe I read somewhere that the ground pin is a different number. Any suggestions on what AB mount I should use? Please provide model number

Thanks

Dan Keaton September 8th, 2009 12:39 PM

Dear Mr. Farooqi,

Good Afternoon.

Now that I know more, I can provide more useful information.

We can provide a nice plate that attaches to the Flash XDR, and then allows the Anton Bauer Gold Mount Adapter Plate to be attached.

In other words:

Anton Bauer Battery -- Anton Bauer Gold Mount Adpater -- Our Plate --- Flash XDR

This makes for a nice self contained system that can be placed in a backpack on the camera operator or other location.

Mohammad Farooqi September 8th, 2009 12:58 PM

sounds good

Dear Dan,

The product sounds good. Do you have any pictures of it? How much is it and how do I order it?

Thanks again

Dan Keaton September 8th, 2009 01:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Dear Mr. Farooqi,

Here are two pictures, both have the Anton Bauer Gold Mount plate attached.

I will send you a price via email. The prices around the world are different due to taxes, customs duties, exchange rates, shipping expenses, etc.