DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   NanoFlash update firmware ... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/375918-nanoflash-update-firmware.html)

Dean Harrington September 8th, 2009 06:08 PM

NanoFlash update firmware ...

Tommy,
When you say on the procedure for applying the update from 1.0.19 firmware you state, "When the update completes (~5 minutes, it will give an update complete message),
leave the update card in the nanoFlash (in spite of the prompt saying "remove update card")
and power cycle nanoFlash."
What do you mean by "power cycle nanoFlash?" Does it mean turn the unit off and on or does it mean something else?

Dean Harrington September 8th, 2009 06:40 PM

Ok ...

you did mean turn the unit off and on.

Dan Keaton September 8th, 2009 08:16 PM

Dear Dean,

Yes, at the proper prompt, "Power Cycle nanoFlash", power the nanoFlash off, then back on.

David Issko September 9th, 2009 01:51 AM

The update works perfectly. Thanks Tommy & CD for that.

Ramji Meena September 12th, 2009 06:11 AM

Firm ware update is difficult

Hi Keaton
1.when i unziped the folder there was no }UPD{ folder but two folders namely file convertor and _MACOSX i dont know how to proceed further.Please help me.
2.Moreover I didnt find a 4pin male hirose connector for battery power supply.What is the cost of this connector.I believe you can give it complementary as i am facing lot of problems in making a power supply arrangements
Ramji

Dan Keaton September 12th, 2009 06:44 AM

Dear Ramji,

I believe that you downloaded our File Converter software and not the firmware update for the nanoFlash.

Here is the link to our nanoFlash Firmware Update downloads page.

The top item is the nanoFlash Firmware Update

nanoFlash Downloads

We offer a full range of power options for the nanoFlash.

What camera are you using?

What battery system are you currently using?

Ramji Meena September 12th, 2009 06:57 AM

Power supply

Hi Keaton
my camera is PMW EX3. I could not get the 4 pin hirose connector
Ramji

Dan Keaton September 12th, 2009 07:25 AM

Dear Ramji,

Please feel free to call me Dan, Keaton is my last name.

We recommend the Swit S-8U62 battery, www.Dolgin.net.

Swit S-8u62 Battery

We offer a D-Tap to 4-Pin Female Hirose Power cable for this and other battery systems that have a D-Tap output.

Where did you purchase your nanoFlash? We can provide these cables to your dealer, or if appropriate, provide these cables directly to you.

Ramji Meena September 12th, 2009 10:12 AM

We offer a D-Tap to 4-Pin Female Hirose Power cable for this and other battery systems that have a D-Tap output.

Where did you purchase your nanoFlash? We can provide these cables to your dealer, or if appropriate, provide these cables directly to you.[/QUOTE]

Hi Keaton,
I purchased it from Kenneth Sim Image4D singapore.Please sent these cables to him.I urgently need it.It is bad that you do not supply them with the Nano.
Ramji

Dan Keaton September 12th, 2009 10:25 AM

Dear Ramji,

While this is a popular cable, not everyone needs this cable.

As such, including this cable with every nanoFlash just increases the cost of the nanoFlash.

Ramji Meena September 12th, 2009 11:09 AM

sorry Keaton
In a country like india we feel extremely frustrated when we dont get these cables.Even the 4pin hirose connector is not available.
Ramji

Steve Brown September 14th, 2009 06:41 PM

Dan,

Has the pdf manual been updated? I will re-print a copy if changes have been made.

Steve Brown September 14th, 2009 07:25 PM

After checking it a little myself, I see that it has. Thanks!