DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   Sandisk Extreme III 32 GB rebate (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/397509-sandisk-extreme-iii-32-gb-rebate.html)

Barry J. Weckesser September 14th, 2009 12:01 PM

Sandisk Extreme III 32 GB rebate

Since I am new to this forum this may have been posted in a previous thread - Rebate on the Sandisk Extreme III 32 GB cards (when bought from certain dealers before 9/26/06) up to $ 200 for 3 idential cards:

SanDisk | 32GB Extreme III CompactFlash Card | SDCFX3-032G-A31

Click on the "rebate" link for particulars. You get it on a visa prepaid card but can spend it like a regular credit card.

If you buy 3 cards they would run $ 113/ each - sounds like a good deal.

Dan Keaton September 14th, 2009 12:06 PM

Dear Barry,

Yes, this is a nice rebate.

B&H is one of the dealers that is included in this rebate.

Rafael Amador September 14th, 2009 09:43 PM

But in the BH page says "OUT OF STOCK".
rafael

Steve Brown September 15th, 2009 10:13 AM

Yes, FYI... I bought my first six 32GB cards from B&H ($185 each) and sent the rebate in. I don't expect any issues about that. I found CF cards from Buy.com for $155 each and purchased three of those, not realizing they weren't on the "qualified retailers" list on the rebate form.

I have been trying to reach the retailer (not actually Buy.com) to return the cards with no luck. So, beware when purchasing from online retailers and be certain a seller is on the "qualified retailers" list on the rebate form before buying.

And FYI, the rebate is only good for purchases made by 9/26/09. The form must be sent in to SanDisk by 10-12/09.

Jeff Silverman September 15th, 2009 03:00 PM

I may be guilty of buying B&H out. My apologies.

We have a job shipping out on Thursday to London. There are a few remarkable numbers associated with it.

15 nanoFlashes
4 XDR's
51 Sandisk 32GB Extreme III cards
80 Nexto Extreme 500GB drives
30 Terabytes 50Mbs QT data expected will be generated in 6 days

We will report back on how it goes.

Jeff

Barry J. Weckesser September 15th, 2009 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Silverman (Post 1357298)
I may be guilty of buying B&H out. My apologies.

We have a job shipping out on Thursday to London. There are a few remarkable numbers associated with it.

15 nanoFlashes
4 XDR's
51 Sandisk 32GB Extreme III cards
80 Nexto Extreme 500GB drives
30 Terabytes 50Mbs QT data expected will be generated in 6 days

We will report back on how it goes.

Jeff

And they are sold out of nanoflashes also.

Jeff Silverman September 15th, 2009 05:12 PM

Barry,

I do not take full credit for buying out the nanos. Our first major order was placed long ago and we were patient like eveyone else. While we have received a second shipment, we too could not get as many units as we wanted to. I know that CD is working to build orders for now and for months in the future.

As for the Sandisk cards, I am sure that someone like B&H will have more cards soon.

Jeff

Tim Polster September 15th, 2009 05:47 PM

Wow, sounds fun!

Barry J. Weckesser September 15th, 2009 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Silverman (Post 1357625)
Barry,

I do not take full credit for buying out the nanos. Our first major order was placed long ago and we were patient like eveyone else. While we have received a second shipment, we too could not get as many units as we wanted to. I know that CD is working to build orders for now and for months in the future.

As for the Sandisk cards, I am sure that someone like B&H will have more cards soon.

Jeff

You are right about the cards - actually cheaper than B&H and they are on the list of "approved" for rebates but cannot mention them here because I don't think they are a sponsor but the name does begin with "A"

Mike Schell September 15th, 2009 06:11 PM

Sandisk Extreme III Cards / nanoFlash Delivery

There are a number of retailers that have stock on the Sandisk Extreme III cards.

We plan to restock B&H next week with more nanoFlash units. We had a 3 week glitch in production due to component delivery issues. We are expecting a new batch of boards this week and will resume volume shipments next week. Going forward, I am hopeful that we won't have more production issues as we have placed orders out through April 2010 to our contract manufacturers.

Best Regards-

Rafael Amador September 15th, 2009 09:29 PM

319 US$ for 3 x 32 GB SnDisk in Adorama:
3XSDCFX3032GA31 SanDisk 32 GB Extreme III Compact Flash Memory Card - Pack of 3
No need to go through the "Rebate" way.
Good for us out of the USA and Canada.
We are never qualified for rebates.
rafael

Steve Brown September 16th, 2009 09:03 AM

$319.00? Wow, that's expensive. While Adorama is on the list of "qualified retailers", the rebate is almost a moot point at that cost. I paid $155.00 from the dealer at Buy.com. I wasn't eligible for the rebate on those, but it didn't really matter, for that price differential.

If you can get the cards from B&H before the end of the rebate, their price was $185.00

Barry J. Weckesser September 16th, 2009 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Brown (Post 1360406)
$319.00? Wow, that's expensive. While Adorama is on the list of "qualified retailers", the rebate is almost a moot point at that cost. I paid $155.00 from the dealer at Buy.com. I wasn't eligible for the rebate on those, but it didn't really matter, for that price differential.

If you can get the cards from B&H before the end of the rebate, their price was $185.00

Steve - I believe you misunderstand - that offer is for 3 cards not 1 - brings down the price to $ 106/card - don't think you can beat that anywhere.

Steve Brown September 16th, 2009 10:31 AM

Barry... thanks for the clarification! If only I had read your post more carefully... oops!

Rafael... I just checked Adorama's website and that price is after the $200.00 rebate. It is $519.00 before the rebate ($173.00/card). Each qualifying household is only eligible for three rebates (three cards per each $200.00 rebate).

Barry J. Weckesser September 16th, 2009 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Brown (Post 1360646)
Barry... thanks for the clarification! If only I had read your post more carefully... oops!

Rafael... I just checked Adorama's website and that price is after the $200.00 rebate. It is $519.00 before the rebate ($173.00/card). Each qualifying household is only eligible for three rebates (three cards per each $200.00 rebate).

Unless I read their (Sandisk) rebate conditions wrong you could get any multiple of 3 cards and submit on separate forms for the rebates - it also probably means that you should put in a separate order for each 3 cards so your receipt shows 3 cards (and not 6 or 9 etc.)
They state:
"Limit three cards per redemption claim"
and also:
"Redemption values for multiple cards are only applicable if multiple quantities (up to three per claim) of the exact same card are purchased"