Sandisk Extreme III 32 GB rebate at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old September 14th, 2009, 12:01 PM   #1
Major Player

Sandisk Extreme III 32 GB rebate

Since I am new to this forum this may have been posted in a previous thread - Rebate on the Sandisk Extreme III 32 GB cards (when bought from certain dealers before 9/26/06) up to $ 200 for 3 idential cards:

SanDisk | 32GB Extreme III CompactFlash Card | SDCFX3-032G-A31

Click on the "rebate" link for particulars. You get it on a visa prepaid card but can spend it like a regular credit card.

If you buy 3 cards they would run $ 113/ each - sounds like a good deal.
Barry J. Weckesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2009, 12:06 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Dear Barry,

Yes, this is a nice rebate.

B&H is one of the dealers that is included in this rebate.
Old September 14th, 2009, 09:43 PM   #3
Major Player

But in the BH page says "OUT OF STOCK".
rafael
Rafael Amador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2009, 10:13 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Yes, FYI... I bought my first six 32GB cards from B&H ($185 each) and sent the rebate in. I don't expect any issues about that. I found CF cards from Buy.com for $155 each and purchased three of those, not realizing they weren't on the "qualified retailers" list on the rebate form.

I have been trying to reach the retailer (not actually Buy.com) to return the cards with no luck. So, beware when purchasing from online retailers and be certain a seller is on the "qualified retailers" list on the rebate form before buying.

And FYI, the rebate is only good for purchases made by 9/26/09. The form must be sent in to SanDisk by 10-12/09.
Steve Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2009, 03:00 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I may be guilty of buying B&H out. My apologies.

We have a job shipping out on Thursday to London. There are a few remarkable numbers associated with it.

15 nanoFlashes
4 XDR's
51 Sandisk 32GB Extreme III cards
80 Nexto Extreme 500GB drives
30 Terabytes 50Mbs QT data expected will be generated in 6 days

We will report back on how it goes.

Jeff
Jeff Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2009, 04:36 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Silverman View Post
I may be guilty of buying B&H out. My apologies.

We have a job shipping out on Thursday to London. There are a few remarkable numbers associated with it.

15 nanoFlashes
4 XDR's
51 Sandisk 32GB Extreme III cards
80 Nexto Extreme 500GB drives
30 Terabytes 50Mbs QT data expected will be generated in 6 days

We will report back on how it goes.

Jeff
And they are sold out of nanoflashes also.
Old September 15th, 2009, 05:12 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Barry,

I do not take full credit for buying out the nanos. Our first major order was placed long ago and we were patient like eveyone else. While we have received a second shipment, we too could not get as many units as we wanted to. I know that CD is working to build orders for now and for months in the future.

As for the Sandisk cards, I am sure that someone like B&H will have more cards soon.

Jeff
Jeff Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2009, 05:47 PM   #8
Inner Circle

Wow, sounds fun!
Tim Polster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2009, 06:01 PM   #9
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Silverman View Post
Barry,

I do not take full credit for buying out the nanos. Our first major order was placed long ago and we were patient like eveyone else. While we have received a second shipment, we too could not get as many units as we wanted to. I know that CD is working to build orders for now and for months in the future.

As for the Sandisk cards, I am sure that someone like B&H will have more cards soon.

Jeff
You are right about the cards - actually cheaper than B&H and they are on the list of "approved" for rebates but cannot mention them here because I don't think they are a sponsor but the name does begin with "A"
Old September 15th, 2009, 06:11 PM   #10
Convergent Design

Sandisk Extreme III Cards / nanoFlash Delivery

There are a number of retailers that have stock on the Sandisk Extreme III cards.

We plan to restock B&H next week with more nanoFlash units. We had a 3 week glitch in production due to component delivery issues. We are expecting a new batch of boards this week and will resume volume shipments next week. Going forward, I am hopeful that we won't have more production issues as we have placed orders out through April 2010 to our contract manufacturers.

Best Regards-

Last edited by Mike Schell; September 15th, 2009 at 06:14 PM. Reason: typo
Mike Schell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2009, 09:29 PM   #11
Major Player

319 US$ for 3 x 32 GB SnDisk in Adorama:
3XSDCFX3032GA31 SanDisk 32 GB Extreme III Compact Flash Memory Card - Pack of 3
No need to go through the "Rebate" way.
Good for us out of the USA and Canada.
We are never qualified for rebates.
rafael
Rafael Amador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2009, 09:03 AM   #12
Regular Crew

$319.00? Wow, that's expensive. While Adorama is on the list of "qualified retailers", the rebate is almost a moot point at that cost. I paid $155.00 from the dealer at Buy.com. I wasn't eligible for the rebate on those, but it didn't really matter, for that price differential.

If you can get the cards from B&H before the end of the rebate, their price was $185.00
Old September 16th, 2009, 10:24 AM   #13
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Brown View Post
$319.00? Wow, that's expensive. While Adorama is on the list of "qualified retailers", the rebate is almost a moot point at that cost. I paid $155.00 from the dealer at Buy.com. I wasn't eligible for the rebate on those, but it didn't really matter, for that price differential.

If you can get the cards from B&H before the end of the rebate, their price was $185.00
Steve - I believe you misunderstand - that offer is for 3 cards not 1 - brings down the price to $ 106/card - don't think you can beat that anywhere.
Old September 16th, 2009, 10:31 AM   #14
Regular Crew

Barry... thanks for the clarification! If only I had read your post more carefully... oops!

Rafael... I just checked Adorama's website and that price is after the $200.00 rebate. It is $519.00 before the rebate ($173.00/card). Each qualifying household is only eligible for three rebates (three cards per each $200.00 rebate).
Old September 16th, 2009, 11:04 AM   #15
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Brown View Post
Barry... thanks for the clarification! If only I had read your post more carefully... oops!

Rafael... I just checked Adorama's website and that price is after the $200.00 rebate. It is $519.00 before the rebate ($173.00/card). Each qualifying household is only eligible for three rebates (three cards per each $200.00 rebate).
Unless I read their (Sandisk) rebate conditions wrong you could get any multiple of 3 cards and submit on separate forms for the rebates - it also probably means that you should put in a separate order for each 3 cards so your receipt shows 3 cards (and not 6 or 9 etc.)
They state:
"Limit three cards per redemption claim"
and also:
"Redemption values for multiple cards are only applicable if multiple quantities (up to three per claim) of the exact same card are purchased"
Barry J. Weckesser is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey