VMI Equipment Show - Seattle at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old October 6th, 2009, 05:08 AM   #1
Inner Circle

VMI Equipment Show - Seattle

Dear Friends,

I will be showing the nanoFlash at VES 2009 - The VMI Equipment Show on Wednesday, October 7, 2009 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

This will be located at the Fisher Pavilion Seattle Center
Thomas St and 2nd Avenue (by Gate 3)
Seattle, WA 98109

Parking & Directions for the Show
From the 1st Avenue N Garage head to Gate 3 at Thomas St and 2nd Avenue, take the steps on the right down to Fisher Pavillion

Parking:
1st Avenue N Garage
Off of 1st Avenue North between John and Thomas Streets.

To the First Avenue North Garage Driving North or South on Interstate 5 (I-5):
Take (Exit 167), the Mercer Street/Seattle Center exit. Following the signs to Seattle Center, turn right onto Fairview Avenue. Turn left onto Valley, stay in the center or left lanes; Valley becomes Broad Street; pass under the Seattle Center Monorail; turn right onto Denny Way; turn right onto First Avenue North. Parking garage is 1.5 half blocks on the right side of First Avenue between John and Thomas Streets.

>From Ferry Terminal:
Exit to the left (north) from the terminal on Alaskan Way; Alaskan Way turns right and becomes Broad Street; turn left onto First Avenue North. Parking garage is 1.5 blocks on the right side of First Avenue between John and Thomas Streets.

From West Seattle:
Take Highway 99 north; exit on Western Avenue; turn right on Broad Street; turn left onto First Avenue North. Parking garage is 1.5 blocks on the right side of First Avenue between John and Thomas Streets.

Here is a map of the area.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Fisher_parking.pdf (1.73 MB, 291 views)
Old October 6th, 2009, 02:40 PM   #2
Regular Crew

ProProducts Tech Fair, Greenbelt MD

Dan,
Just wondering if you'll be at the ProProducts show Oct.21-22 in Greenbelt MD. They provide a free lunch for registrants.

chris/bethesda MD
Chris Li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2009, 08:35 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Dear Chris,

I just arrived in Seattle after a long day of traveling.

We will consider the ProProducts Tech Fair.
Old October 8th, 2009, 11:23 AM   #4
Major Player

I met with Dan at this show...in fact, I drove up from the Republic of Portlandia, just because he was there. (and to talk with the folks from Lectrosonics, who were, alas, a no-show. But that's another story)

What a guy. Convergent Designs doesn't pay him enough for his patience and good humor, both here on the board and at events like the VMI show.

Here's what I liked: after almost an hour of running me through the box (showing me the power cords/start-stop cables and sundry extras) and answering all the questions I should have already largely understood through the months of discussion on this board, Dan then picked my brain on what the Nanoflash was missing--from a camera guy's perspective. (And I didn't really have much to add...other than concerns over the cost of the CF cards. The box seems pretty complete.)

I was already largely sold on the Nanoflash, but really wanted to pick one up and play with it before dropping the money. Knowing there is someone like Dan in the wings makes the decision a no-brainer. Now if I can just get my September invoices paid quickly...!
Bill Ward is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey