DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   Pix of the Remote Control for the Nano? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/465649-pix-remote-control-nano.html)

David Cherniack October 13th, 2009 11:06 AM

Pix of the Remote Control for the Nano?

Is there something anywhere?

Dan Keaton October 13th, 2009 07:33 PM

Dear David,

Yes, go to www.nanoflash.net, click on the accessories page.

David Issko October 14th, 2009 04:19 AM

It's a good length cable with the trigger/flashing light at one end and connector on the other.
Easy setup on the nano & press once to record, wait for at least 5 seconds of recording time, then press & hold trigger for about 2 seconds to stop recording. Flashing light stops & nano is ready to record again.

I was using it today on a job in the studio that needed steady stop/start.

David Cherniack October 14th, 2009 09:10 AM

Looks like it works well for working up to 6 feet from the camera but NOT for mounting on the camera's handgrip where I'd want it for hand held run-and-gun. There should be another design for doing that.

David
AllinOneFilms.com

Dan Keaton October 14th, 2009 09:15 AM

Dear David,

We are open to suggestions.

I will be happy to build it, if you can provide me details on what you want.

Barry J. Weckesser October 14th, 2009 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Keaton (Post 1432165)
Dear David,

We are open to suggestions.

I will be happy to build it, if you can provide me details on what you want.

Hey Dan

I would be interested in that also for my Shape WLB Spider II shoulder mount - I have the Manfroto remote for the EX1 on the right handle and I could mount a Nano remote on the other handle. I will send you a private email with pics.

David Cherniack October 14th, 2009 12:51 PM

Hey Dan,

Anything that would clamp or snap to a camera hand grip or tripod handle. Others may have a more complete idea for the type of clamp/tie.

David
AllinOneFilms.com

Lance Librandi October 14th, 2009 04:23 PM

Hello Dan,
Having used the wired remote I now believe that it’s best used where you do not want to cause camera shake. I have experienced EX3 SxS card failure which stopped the recording process in the middle of a live performance that I was recording. I would have been in deep troubles had it not been that the NanoFlash was set to internal time code which allowed me to continue. Now I will only use the NanoFlash set to internal time code butI still want dual recording with the NanoFlash the primary recorder and the SxS the backup. The problem of how to activate both the camera and the NanoFlash from one switch. My answerer is to take a pulse from the lens remote connector which mirrors whenever the camera record button is pressed in this way one switches actives all and the wired remote can also sit in parallel if desired.
I also use this system to trigger my Datavideo MP600 DVD recorder to parallel record for client copies which has a GPI.

Dan Keaton October 14th, 2009 05:00 PM

Dear Lance,

We will see what we can do.

Does your tally light on the camera come on solid, or does it blink?

We are adding another mode to our Remote Control to make it easier to interface to other devices.

Lance Librandi October 14th, 2009 08:38 PM

Hi Dan it blinks and its quite bright as you can see from my pictures with the remote sitting on top of the NanoFlash you can actual see the flash by moving your eye back from the viewfinder and glancing back towards your shoulder.