DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   Image Invert..... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/465862-image-invert.html)

Godfrey Kirby October 16th, 2009 04:37 AM

Image Invert.....

Hi all - just a thought, would it be possible to invert & reverse the image within the Nanoflash/XDR? Would be very useful with 35mm lens adaptors as one could dispense with the prism block and gain a bit more stop. And the HD SDI from the unit would be the right way up and round for operating the camera. Here's hoping.....

Dan Keaton October 16th, 2009 05:03 AM

Dear Godfrey,

At this time, we do not expect to be able to offer this feature in the nanoFlash.

This may change in the future.

Godfrey Kirby October 16th, 2009 12:35 PM

Hi Dan - shame about 'invert', however as I read about all the various options that are being programed into Nano/XDR it occured to me that a 'tailored' build might be possible. Rather than a universal specification to suit 50/60 Hz -PAL/NTSC, etc. a more bespoke set-up could be offered. 'Tick the boxes that you need' kind of thing. There would be a charge for this sort of facility but it would mean you could have those little wrinkles you wanted. And you could always go back to 'factory preset' if you wanted.
Just a thought.....
Regards, Godfrey

Mike Schell October 16th, 2009 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godfrey Kirby (Post 1433399)
Hi Dan - shame about 'invert', however as I read about all the various options that are being programed into Nano/XDR it occured to me that a 'tailored' build might be possible. Rather than a universal specification to suit 50/60 Hz -PAL/NTSC, etc. a more bespoke set-up could be offered. 'Tick the boxes that you need' kind of thing. There would be a charge for this sort of facility but it would mean you could have those little wrinkles you wanted. And you could always go back to 'factory preset' if you wanted.
Just a thought.....
Regards, Godfrey

Hi Godfrey-
We'll keep this mind. Yes, the nanoFlash is highly re-programmable, so we do have a lot of options available to us.

Best-

Godfrey Kirby October 20th, 2009 11:54 PM

Hi Mike & Dan - I see the new Sony PMW 350 camera is going to offer 'image invert'. Sorry to bang on about it......
My Nano being delivered today by the way... Regards - Godfrey

Aaron Newsome October 21st, 2009 11:39 AM

I mount my LCD upside down.

Mike Schell October 21st, 2009 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godfrey Kirby (Post 1435615)
Hi Mike & Dan - I see the new Sony PMW 350 camera is going to offer 'image invert'. Sorry to bang on about it......
My Nano being delivered today by the way... Regards - Godfrey

Hi Godfrey-
We think the image invert may be possible, please stay tuned as we need to do more code development.

Best-

Godfrey Kirby October 21st, 2009 12:30 PM

Damn clever... I've had the cast & crew doing handstands. Less adroit but far more amusing....

Daniel Symmes October 21st, 2009 01:08 PM

Image flip (horizontal) would be VERY useful for 3D shooting involving a beamsplitter.

Mike Schell October 21st, 2009 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Symmes (Post 1435880)
Image flip (horizontal) would be VERY useful for 3D shooting involving a beamsplitter.

Hi Daniel-
OK, so if we can do both horizontal and vertical modes, can we call it a flippin nice feature?

Best-

Daniel Symmes October 21st, 2009 01:25 PM

I know I'd flip out, since I almost exclusively shoot stereo. (Double your Pleasure)

Godfrey Kirby October 21st, 2009 01:39 PM

Oooohhhh!!! Can we remake a 'Last Tango In Paris' in 3D...... Only asking...

Ed David October 21st, 2009 08:54 PM

The Flip thing would be great! Less light loss when used with 35mm adapters.

Lance Librandi October 22nd, 2009 01:50 AM

HOLY TOMOLY!! This is getting goooodddd!!!!
The Folks at Convergent Designs have done it again.
Well Done Guys!