Daisy chaining nanoflash recorders at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old October 17th, 2009, 05:45 AM   #1
Major Player

Daisy chaining nanoflash recorders

Would it be possible to DAISY CHAIN NanoFlash recorders for long form work. The system that I am envisioning is that when unit one has reached it’s record capacity unit two would then seamlessly continue to record and so on. The physical size of the NanoFlash is one of its greatest attribute’s and the option of being able to daisy chain or use as standalone recorders would make the NanoFlash indispensable.
Lance Librandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2009, 05:55 AM   #2
Major Player

Hi Lance,

This is probably not needed once hot swapping of CF cards is implemented in the next firmware (so I understand it to be then) update. What do you think?

Cheers.
Old October 17th, 2009, 06:14 AM   #3
Major Player

Hi David,
My use for this is where the NanoFash would be located in moving vehicle’s 'Car rallies' etc where it's impossible to swap cards.
Lance Librandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2009, 08:44 AM   #4
Convergent Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Librandi View Post
Hi David,
My use for this is where the NanoFash would be located in moving vehicle’s 'Car rallies' etc where it's impossible to swap cards.
Hi Lance-
How much record time do you need? I am hoping to qualify a 64GB CF card shortly. Two 64 GB cards would provide 5.5 hours of record time at 50 Mbps Long-GOP, for example.

Best-
Old October 17th, 2009, 04:57 PM   #5
Major Player

Hello Mike,
Mike using 64GB cards is a very good start. I would like to use 100Mbps recording as my standard. Most of the in car vision is only used for cutaway shots so I could use 50Mbps. When do you think you have these cards qualified so I can place an order.
Lance Librandi is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey