Next XDR/nano Firmware Release Preview - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old October 23rd, 2009, 07:37 PM   #16
Trustee

Meters ? Meters ?

Hi Dan:

You wrote: "Dear Friends,

On Playback, our audio level meters, in playback, would drop to zero frequently, then resume.

We initially thought it was best to disable them, in playback, until we could devote the time to fixing the problem. "

.....So this was not a problem in record then ? This malfunction is only limited to playback ? As long as the Record meter function is fully functioning and accurate, then our files should have good audio, but if the meters are screwed in Record, then this is a show stopper !
Mark Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2009, 08:49 PM   #17
Major Player

720p25/30 recording.

No hurry at all, but I would like to be able to record in 720p25.
The EX-1 do it.
720 is great when you go to SD, but recording p50/60 doesn't makes much sense when you go to finish in p25/30: Somewhere you have to discharge the half of your data.
Better to shoot p25/30 keeping all the data while improving the compression.
rafael
Rafael Amador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2009, 10:32 AM   #18
Convergent Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Job View Post
Hi Dan:

You wrote: "Dear Friends,

On Playback, our audio level meters, in playback, would drop to zero frequently, then resume.

We initially thought it was best to disable them, in playback, until we could devote the time to fixing the problem. "

.....So this was not a problem in record then ? This malfunction is only limited to playback ? As long as the Record meter function is fully functioning and accurate, then our files should have good audio, but if the meters are screwed in Record, then this is a show stopper !
Hi Mark-
The audio level meters are fine in record mode, the meters are temporarily non-functional in playback mode (a fix is planned in a future release).

Best-
Old October 24th, 2009, 10:39 AM   #19
Convergent Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafael Amador View Post
No hurry at all, but I would like to be able to record in 720p25.
The EX-1 do it.
720 is great when you go to SD, but recording p50/60 doesn't makes much sense when you go to finish in p25/30: Somewhere you have to discharge the half of your data.
Better to shoot p25/30 keeping all the data while improving the compression.
rafael
Hi Rafael-
720p30/25/24 is planned as part of over/under crank, which is scheduled for early Dec release.

Best-
Old October 24th, 2009, 10:43 AM   #20
Convergent Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohammad Farooqi View Post
All the updates sound great, however, I personally would like to see the "Last Clip Delete" feature introduced into the XDR/Nano ASAP. Saves a hell of a lot of space for long run and gun shoots and logging afterwards. Any idea of when this feature will become available?

Thanks
Hi Mohammad-
I'll speak to our software engineers this week. It's really difficult to accuraetly determine how much engineering time is required to add a particular feature. Sometimes the planets align and everything just drops into place (time-lapse went much faster than expected). Other times we scratch our heads for weeks.

I don't think last clip delete is a big task, but since I don't write the software, I defer the final word to our engineers. I'll ask if we can make it part of this release.

Best-
Old October 24th, 2009, 11:43 AM   #21
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Schell View Post
Hi Mark-
The audio level meters are fine in record mode, the meters are temporarily non-functional in playback mode (a fix is planned in a future release).

Best-
....Oh. OK. Good :-) I shot two interviews with my XDR and I remember the meters working well during Record, but I never noticed what was happening in playback.
Mark Job is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey