samples available for download? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old November 5th, 2009, 07:52 PM   #1
Major Player

samples available for download?

guys - are any (relatively) small clip samples available for download that could be used to test compatibility with NLE's? e.g. a few hundred meg can be downloaded without so much difficulty, and having a file available would help confirm what will / won't open in an editor, to confirm compatibility (or need to upgrade) prior to purchase (e.g. if that is a barrier for some).

does this already exist and/ or would it be possible?
Dave Stern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2009, 08:51 PM   #2
Convergent Design

Hi Dave-
Check out the thread (on this forum): http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/converge...atibility.html for MXF sample files. We also have various files at Convergent Design, experts in HDMI, SD, HD, and HDV

Please note that you need the Main Concept plugin for compaibility with Adobe CS3/4. More info is also available on this forum (just announced today).

Best-
Old November 6th, 2009, 08:59 AM   #3
Major Player

Mike, thanks, I had forgotten that I had seen the sample clips on your site on the nanoflash page. I went back to the download page itself and of course didn't see them (probably another factor in the site redesign!).

I downloaded the 50mbit xdcam sample and the 100 mbit garden of the gods 1 (which is a beautiful place, we've been several times). The good news is that both loaded fine in vegas 8.0c which was good news for me, and also that the performance in using the clips was reasonable on my duocore (not sure whether I would rerender to the cineform codec or not if I go fwd with this). And, the samples looked really great...stunning (esp the ones from your office).

Questions:
- Is the xdcam sample only new in terms of file format? (e.g. is the codec and all other processing the same as current?).
- Do you have 50mbit and a 19mbit (4:2:0 1440x1080) sample clips available as would be produced by the current firmware?

Thanks again ....
Dave Stern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2009, 12:52 PM   #4
Major Player

Woo hoo! I just got my HDV camera back from repair. It took a ridiculous entire month to repair. At least it didn't cost much though.

Now I can make some parallel recordings of native HDV vs. XDR.
Aaron Newsome is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey