IDX mounting plate at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old November 11th, 2009, 11:18 AM   #1
Regular Crew

IDX mounting plate

Is there a picture anywhere so I can get an idea of how this works?

nanoFlash Mount to mount to IDX Battery with IDX mount on back or to IDX Battery Plate.

David
AllinOneFilms.com
David Cherniack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2009, 11:44 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Dear David,

We recently determined that our IDX V-Mount Wedge, fits the IDX V-Mount on a camera, but it seems that the Piggyback V-Mount, for example on the Endura battery requires a different shape for the wedge.

Thus, we are not offering our IDX backplate at this time until we resolve this issue.
Old November 15th, 2009, 05:12 AM   #3
Major Player

Hello Dan,
I am most intrested in this are you able to give more details. I have seen hard disk recorders that sit in a cradle and fit onto the existing vlock of camers with the battery then sitting on the otherside. Is this the type of concept you have in mind.
Lance Librandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2009, 12:32 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Keaton View Post
We recently determined that our IDX V-Mount Wedge, fits the IDX V-Mount on a camera, but it seems that the Piggyback V-Mount, for example on the Endura battery requires a different shape for the wedge.

Thus, we are not offering our IDX backplate at this time until we resolve this issue.
This is something that I am very interested in as I have the IDX Endura 10 that I'd like to use with the nanoflash.

PS My nanoflash was delivered today! Unfortunately I didn't hear the door. So they'll be redelivering Wednesday :( Hope I can wait that long!!!
Paul Inglis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 08:49 AM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Keaton View Post
How long do you think this will take? As I am using a hotshoe mount at the moment but don't like it there when the EX-3 is shoulder-mounted as it catches the top of my head!
Old December 7th, 2009, 07:34 AM   #6
Major Player

I have my nanoFLASH mounted on the back cold shoe of my PMW-EX3 which is effecting the balance a little when shoulder mounted with my Protech ST-7. Being able to mount it on the back of my IDX Enduro would be great!

I suppose the question is... Is the mount still being considered by CD? If so how long do you think it'll be before it is in production.
Old December 7th, 2009, 11:27 AM   #7
Sponsor: Westside AV

I don't know what camera you are using but I make wings for the Nano, they are made for the EX1 but work well on almost any camera.

Here is the WEBsite for ordering:
EX1 Stronger Plates

There are also a number of posts in the XDcam forum like:
http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdc...available.html

If you are interested call or email me:
olof@westsideav.com

I will also be making a brackett/arm for the new 350 for Paul Cronin he is bringing it to my shop when he gets it so we can do a custom fit.
Olof Ekbergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2009, 11:37 AM   #8
Major Player

Hi Olof,

I am aware of your designs. Very nice I must say. Maybe you could help with a couple of design features I am after.

I wrote about it on my blog entitled Sony PMW-EX3 and nanoFLASH Rig. This should give you an idea of my set-up.

The camera I am using is an EX-3 with a Protech ST-7 Shoulder mount. Basically I want to get the nanoFLASH and Monitor of the top of the camera. Preferably the nanoFLASH towards the back and the monitor mounted on the viewfinder side of the camera. I still want to tripod mount the camera without having to remove anything!

Happy designing,

Paul
Old December 7th, 2009, 03:16 PM   #9
Sponsor: Westside AV

Hi Paul,

I have an EX3 myself and I will be working on a good way to mount my NanoFlash on that as well as on the EX1R. And I will be working on a good solution for the 350 soon.

I will keep you all in the loop as my designs moves forward.
Olof Ekbergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2009, 08:14 AM   #10
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olof Ekbergh View Post
Hi Paul,

I have an EX3 myself and I will be working on a good way to mount my NanoFlash on that as well as on the EX1R. And I will be working on a good solution for the 350 soon.

I will keep you all in the loop as my designs moves forward.
Look forward to it!
Old December 10th, 2009, 04:18 AM   #11
Regular Crew

ST-7 and NanoFlash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Inglis View Post
Hi Olof,

I am aware of your designs. Very nice I must say. Maybe you could help with a couple of design features I am after.

I wrote about it on my blog entitled Sony PMW-EX3 and nanoFLASH Rig. This should give you an idea of my set-up.

The camera I am using is an EX-3 with a Protech ST-7 Shoulder mount. Basically I want to get the nanoFLASH and Monitor of the top of the camera. Preferably the nanoFLASH towards the back and the monitor mounted on the viewfinder side of the camera. I still want to tripod mount the camera without having to remove anything!

Happy designing,

Paul
Paul, we made a very simple 'L' shaped bracket that screws into the 3 screw holes on the back of the ST-7 battery plate and holds the nanoflash at right angles with the screen facing the operator - works pretty well. I'll try to post some photos later.

Dave
Dave Chalmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2009, 05:29 AM   #12
Major Player

Hi Dave,

That would be great! I take it you can't use the 'Cheek Pad' though? Look forward to those images!
Paul Inglis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey