DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   2:3:3:2 Cadence Test (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/469140-2-3-3-2-cadence-test.html)

Mike Schell December 8th, 2009 02:27 PM

2:3:3:2 Cadence Test

The latest nano/xdr firmware now has the 2:3:3:2 as well as the 2:3:2:3 pulldown cadence. Does anyone have a JVC 700 camera to test if this new pull-down cadence is now working?

We only have the Canon XL-H1 and the Sony EX1 cameras available for tests. They both use the 2:3:2:3 cadence.

Thanks-

John Mitchell December 8th, 2009 10:27 PM

Yes - how would you like me to construct the test? Is this the 23.98P in both 720 and 1080?

cheers John

Dan Keaton December 9th, 2009 03:56 AM

Dear John,

We do not support 23.98 in 720p yet.

We will shortly, hopefully for Christmas.

Mike Schell December 9th, 2009 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Mitchell (Post 1458013)
Yes - how would you like me to construct the test? Is this the 23.98P in both 720 and 1080?

cheers John

Hi John-
Set your camera for 1080p24 recording. The HD-SDI output should then be 1080i60 (24p with the extra pull-down frames added). You can read the HD-SDI format in the lower left corner of the LCD screen on the nanoFlash.

Assuming this all looks correct, enable "Remove 3:2 Pulldown" in the Video Menu on the nanoFlash. You should see the detected video format change to 1080pd23 indicating that the nanoFlash has detected the pulldown cadence and removed the extra frames.

Best-

Luben Izov December 10th, 2009 12:00 PM

Test done with Canon HV40 2:3:2:3

Hello Mike, Dan and Tommy,
Yesterday I did a test shoot with nanoFlash at 50/100/140/180 Mbps via HDMI with
pull-down checked from Canon HV40 24p native and works perfectly! Sound is in sync, picture is awesome. That pull-down firmware was the best Christmas present from Convergent-Design to us. Thank you!
As you know we have only 3 weeks before our shoot in India and that pull-down was a must for us. Also, I would like to use this forum to Thank you again for the sponsorship and your generous involvement in this project! Thank you very much!
Best
Luben

Mike Schell December 10th, 2009 08:13 PM

Hi Luben-
Excellent, thanks for the timely feedback.

Best-

John Mitchell December 23rd, 2009 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Schell (Post 1458184)
Hi John-
Set your camera for 1080p24 recording. The HD-SDI output should then be 1080i60 (24p with the extra pull-down frames added). You can read the HD-SDI format in the lower left corner of the LCD screen on the nanoFlash.

Assuming this all looks correct, enable "Remove 3:2 Pulldown" in the Video Menu on the nanoFlash. You should see the detected video format change to 1080pd23 indicating that the nanoFlash has detected the pulldown cadence and removed the extra frames.

Best-

Hi Mike - I've run this test and it works.

I haven't recorded any footage with this yet to check - I just check the unit display. I won't be in town for a couple of weeks so any further tests will have to wait until then. Sorry it took so long but been busy meeting Christmasa deadlines.

All the best for the festive season to everyone at CD - what a great team.

cheers

John

Mike Schell December 24th, 2009 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Mitchell (Post 1464118)
Hi Mike - I've run this test and it works.

I haven't recorded any footage with this yet to check - I just check the unit display. I won't be in town for a couple of weeks so any further tests will have to wait until then. Sorry it took so long but been busy meeting Christmasa deadlines.

All the best for the festive season to everyone at CD - what a great team.

cheers

John

Hi John-
Thanks; this is really good news. I'll relay this to our hardware design engineer, John Schell.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays-
Mike