Flash Recorders Road Map - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old December 28th, 2009, 04:22 AM   #31
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Job View Post
Hey John:
I tried desperately to get this to work in Avid MC version 4.03, or at least perfect a decent workaround to post for others, but I gave up after 2 weeks of trying :-( I now have MC ver 4.0.4, and I haven't bothered to try it since, so your post had encouraged me to try Long GOP 100 once again in the latest version. I still hold out faint hope that it will now work :-) John, did you have any difficulty in exporting your edited sequence back out of MC at all ?
Hi Mark

I haven't finished editing yet but I imagine I'll have to transcode to dnxhd - can you fill me in on what you've tried. And what happened and why it failed. Perhaps we can workout where our workflows differ?Eg would your clips not import or would they not play back?
Also remember my framerate differs from yours @ 25p
John Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2009, 11:25 AM   #32
Convergent Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Job View Post
Hi Mike:
OK. This is great to know. Thank You. May I take this opportunity to wish you and your whole family a very Merry Christmas and Happy & Prosperous New Year ! :-)

Mark
Hi Mark-
Thanks! I am getting some R&R visiting my relatives in Texas. 2010 looks like a very busy year.

Cheers-
Old December 29th, 2009, 11:54 AM   #33
Trustee

What Did I do to Test Long GOP 100 Mbps in AMC 4.0.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mitchell View Post
Hi Mark

I haven't finished editing yet but I imagine I'll have to transcode to dnxhd - can you fill me in on what you've tried. And what happened and why it failed. Perhaps we can workout where our workflows differ?Eg would your clips not import or would they not play back?
Also remember my framerate differs from yours @ 25p
....Hi John: I was able to import and play Long GOP 100 on the timeline, but I couldn't get the sucker back out of the system ! I couldn't encode to DNxHD or export to QT movie or anything ! The project just sat there on the timeline being useless ! I imported the Long GOP 100 Mbps clips from my Flash XDR recorder CF card media. I wonder if a possible workaround could be to *output via Avid adrenalin or Mojo DX or Nitris Dx ?* This way one would not have to encode to DNxHD or export to anything. Since the malfunction just leaves your edited project trapped dead inside the system, then let it be trapped and simply playout the movie in realtime through the Mojo DX or Nitris Dx or Adrenalin.

**The one BIG caveat here is you need to have one of these ***VERY EXPENSIVE*** external - proprietary Avid devices !** attached to your system. I suppose this *Maybe* a workaround, but a very pricey one indeed ;-)
Mark Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 11:08 PM   #34
Contributor

Workaround

Mark if you check out the Avid MC 4.05 thread I've posted a workaround there. It's tedious but it will work. At least it offers a method to get the project out.
John Mitchell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey