My Nanoflash/EX1R mounting at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old January 5th, 2010, 10:11 AM   #1
Contributor

My Nanoflash/EX1R mounting

The EX1R has a nice 1/4"-20 mounting towards the rear of the handle that the EX1 doesn't have. I decided to use it to mount my Nanoflash.

The pictures below illustrate the mount assembly. I locally fabricated the mount itself from strip aluminum. I then mounted a Dolgin EX-V battery adapter on the bracket to provide power. This provides a self-contained unit with power when removed from the camera for playback. I also have an EX1 battery with a power tap connector if I want to power both the camera and Nanoflash simultaneously.

Pictures below. The first is bracket only. The second with the battery adapter. The third is the complete assembly.

Carroll Lam
Attached Thumbnails
My Nanoflash/EX1R mounting-dsc_7450.jpg   My Nanoflash/EX1R mounting-dsc_7453.jpg  

My Nanoflash/EX1R mounting-dsc_7454.jpg  
Carroll Lam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2011, 08:44 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: My Nanoflash/EX1R mounting

Carroll,

Looks great! I am like 2 clicks away from ordering a nanoflash/ex1r combo. What can be said for the differences between nano and non-nano (SxS) footage and in what situations can you see the largest differences?? Anyone can feel free to chime in here! (-:

Rich.
Richard Peddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2011, 07:48 AM   #3
Inner Circle

How did you attach the Dolgin EX-V to the bracket? Just pop in some short pan heads and hope you don't hit a circuit board?
Les Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2011, 09:33 AM   #4
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Wilson View Post
How did you attach the Dolgin EX-V to the bracket? Just pop in some short pan heads and hope you don't hit a circuit board?
I used a couple of 6-32 screws with nuts. If you take the back off the EX-V you'll find there's nothing behind it to interfere with the screws. There's no circuit board in the EX-V.

Carroll Lam
Carroll Lam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2011, 08:24 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Hi Carroll..
How did you power your nano flash up... I see a cable coming from the unit disappearing out of view... I am thinking of purchasing one for my EX1R

Thanks
Old April 2nd, 2011, 07:13 AM   #6
Inner Circle

He used the Dolgin unit which holds an EX battery.
Les Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2011, 08:27 AM   #7
Contributor

I used a Dolgin EX battery adapter (EX-V NF adapter [EX-V NF] - $68.00 : Dolgin Engineering, Camera Power Solutions) mounted on the bracket. It has a Hirose connector compatible with the nanoFlash.

Carroll
Carroll Lam is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey