DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   Latest Firmware 1.1.154 Not Available for XDR ? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/470520-latest-firmware-1-1-154-not-available-xdr.html)

Mark Job January 5th, 2010 10:36 PM

Latest Firmware 1.1.154 Not Available for XDR ?

Hi Mike & Dan:
I see in the threads CD has released the latest 1.1.154 firmware upgrade for the Nano Flash, but there is no likewise upgrade for the Flash XDR. Why ? I went over to the CD website but could only find 1.1.151. This is the one with drifting 24 F Jam Sync and audio-video sync drift malfunction is it not ? When will XDR have the fixes already released to nano users ?

Respectfully,

Paul Inglis January 6th, 2010 05:34 AM

Hi Mark,

The firmware version 1.1.154 is for the nanoFlash. The XDR version is 1.1.151. Effectively the same release to fix the audio sync problem.

Dan Keaton January 6th, 2010 07:32 AM

Dear Mark and Paul,

Yes, 1.1.151 for the Flash XDR and 1.1.154 are the same firmware releases, with the same features, just the numbers are different (and and differences due to the differences between the nanoFlash and Flash XDR).

Mark Job January 6th, 2010 06:32 PM

The Same Rose by Any Other Name

Hi Paul & Dan:
OK understood. This is the same firmware, just different numbers. Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but why don't they have the same number level ?

Dan Keaton January 6th, 2010 06:47 PM

Dear Mark,

Everytime we make a new build of the firmware, the number is incremented by 1.

The code base is the same (the code for both is combined into one), but we make (compile, build) each one separately.

We made three more builds of the nanoFlash. This has no real significance.

We could force them to be the same number if we wanted.

Mike Schell January 7th, 2010 04:36 PM

Hi Mark-
I see Dan has already answered the firmware question. We are working on the 24F Jam sync and the audio sync now.

Best-

Mark Job January 7th, 2010 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Keaton (Post 1468872)
Dear Mark,

Everytime we make a new build of the firmware, the number is incremented by 1.

The code base is the same (the code for both is combined into one), but we make (compile, build) each one separately.

We made three more builds of the nanoFlash. This has no real significance.

We could force them to be the same number if we wanted.

Hi Dan: OK thanks for the clarification. makes sense and seems reasonable :-)

Mark Job January 7th, 2010 08:52 PM

Thanks for 24 F Jam Sync Work

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Schell (Post 1469254)
Hi Mark-
I see Dan has already answered the firmware question. We are working on the 24F Jam sync and the audio sync now.

Best-

Hi Mike: OK. Thanks for the 24 F Jam Sync work. It is much appreciated.