DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   I finally did it. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/472563-i-finally-did.html)

Eugen Oprina February 9th, 2010 05:26 PM

I finally did it.

After dancing for more than a year around C-D's products (XDR and Nano) I have finally ordered the Nano.
For the beginning I'll use it with the JVC HM 700.
Unfortunately on the vendor's website it is not specified what comes in the box.
Questions:
1. Is the power cable included, I have a Vmount system on my camera?
2. Is there any mounting plate included or available for my camera?
3. Do they have the last update already installed?
Thanks a lot for your help,
Giani

Dan Keaton February 9th, 2010 06:57 PM

Dear Eugen,

I assume that you camera has an Anton Bauer/IDX D-Tap (P-Tap).

If so, then you can order a D-Tap to 4-Pin Female Hirose power cable.

You may be able to order this from your dealer.

If your dealer does not have one, nanoFlash.net stocks almost all of our accessories.

I recommend the NEBTEK Hotshoe Ball Mount.

The latest firmware, 1.1.154 may already be installed. In fact, this is very likely.

If not, it is easy to update the firmware.

Please feel free to email me. I will then provide you with all of my phone numbers

Adam Letch February 9th, 2010 08:40 PM

Hey Eugen

cool to see you've taken the plunge, if you can, once you've got it all running can you post some 50p stuff, I'm curious if 50mpbs can handle it well, or do you need 100mbps at least to loose the macroblocking etc.

Enjoy

Adam

Tim Polster February 9th, 2010 10:20 PM

Adam, FWIW, I shoot a lot of 60p material with the Nano Flash at 50mbps. I do not see any blocking. Just great images.

Eugen Oprina February 10th, 2010 01:45 PM

Thanks Dan,
Unfortunately the dealer doesn't have the cables but was very kind to recommend another company in UK which can provide the cables.
Hi Adam, as soon as I get the gear together I'll make some test and share the results.
All the best
Eugen

Adam Letch February 11th, 2010 10:27 PM

cool thankx Tim and Eugen

it would be cool to see some screen grabs or something though without being too painful!

thanks

Kind Regards

Adam

John Mitchell February 14th, 2010 07:31 AM

HM700 and Nano

Hi Eugen - I've used the Nano and the HM700 on a couple of shoots now. There are a couple of gotchas to be aware of.

Audio if dual channel mono can be out of phase and it lags two frames behind the SD recorded material. These problems are not exclusive to the HM700 but you should be aware of them. This is a Nano issue and should be fixed in firmware updates. I don't experience this audio lag when recording to my avid Nitris thru the same port.

Timecode is also different from the SD cards (3 frames early) - not sure if that's an HM700 problem or not - no way of telling.

Finally - I'd love it if you could run a test for me - I'm currently experiencing audio corruption form the HM700 when down converting to SD over the SDI port. I've heard it on both the Nano and a test i did on Avid Nitris so it is an HM700 problem. I'm wondering if you can confirm this with your camera and maybe we can get JVC to do something about it?

I've heard it on both live material and downconverting material off SD cards.

Thanks John

Eugen Oprina February 14th, 2010 01:59 PM

Hi John,
As soon as I receive the nano and buy some cards I'll run the test and let you know.
How did you mount it on the camera?
Best,
Eugen

John Mitchell February 14th, 2010 05:14 PM

Up until now I've had no ENG style work. So I just mounted the nano on a spare tripod I had. I would suggest looking at Olof's site (Westside AV) for an on camera mounted solution or a build your own type scenario. Because I'm in Australia I've bought some aluminium plate and I'm going to have a shot at doing my own...

Or you could try this thread:
http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/converge...-solution.html