Trigger & Pre buffer at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old February 25th, 2010, 05:33 AM   #1
Major Player

Trigger & Pre buffer

Erased message, sorry.

Last edited by Ronan Fournier; February 25th, 2010 at 10:01 AM. Reason: I was wrong, my information was not correct.
Ronan Fournier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2010, 07:22 AM   #2
Major Player

Hi Ronan,
Haven't been using the record buffer on Nano yet myself, but as a point of reference, on the XDcamHD cameras, turning on 'cache record mode' on the camera automatically puts the time code into 'free run' mode.
If the Nano could trigger from TC and have cache record enabled, then it would have to 'pre-compute' and embed time code for the cached picture, and thus also would have duplicate time code created at every cut point! - or else time codes would not match what you're recording in camera.
I seem to remember at one point DV Rack doing something where they created an additional file for the 'pre-cache data' when the camera rolled, which could be confusing, but also could be a possible solution, if implementable...???
Dave Sperling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2010, 08:15 AM   #3
Major Player

Erased message.

Last edited by Ronan Fournier; February 25th, 2010 at 09:57 AM. Reason: No more reason to write that!
Ronan Fournier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2010, 09:04 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Dear Ronan,

We will look into this as soon as possible.

By the way, your English is very good!
Old February 25th, 2010, 09:54 AM   #5
Major Player

I'm extremelly confused, Dan.
I've done more tests after recharging the Nano battery and now the pre buffer works in any case, even with the trigger set on "LTC/ Emb TC".
I don't know what's going wrong when I did the test yesterday and this morning but my supposition that it was incompatible with "LTC/Emb TC" was false. Probably it was just a battery problem, because it shuts down few seconds after that andI'm sure my settings were correct. Now I can't reproduce this supposed bug.
Anyway it's my fault. Your engineers have certainly a lot of work to do and I really don't want to disturb them with false issues!
The Nano and the pre buffer rocks!
Sorry for my "beta tester syndrom"!
Old February 25th, 2010, 10:10 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Dear Ronan,

Wow, that is good news.

When we receive reports, we first test it in our labs.

That is why I usually ask for additional details, such as what settings were used.

Then, when we can dupicate the problem, we are in a great position to find the problem, develop a fix, then retest to ensure that we have actually fixed the problem.

It is also nice to have feedback, such as yours today.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey