DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   idiots guide (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/474486-idiots-guide.html)

Robin Probyn March 10th, 2010 01:45 AM

idiots guide

Could a kind soul post a very simple idiots guide to menu settings on the Nanoflash to be used with HDX900 720p 25p ..
Probably quicktime file.. I can chose mbs 50 or 100 ..?

Sorry but dyslexic(thanks spell check!) and allergic to manuals .. I have the info about using monitor out,set to cam..(will not work from VTR?) and character off.. ( so if there is say centre frame marker on this would be recorded !!!!)

Dont have the unit yet..

Thanks

Dusty Powers March 10th, 2010 09:24 AM

Robin:

I would suggest take a look at the unit when you can get your hands on it. Then run through the menus a few times. The first time you get to hold it, I bet you within five minutes it will all make sense. You'll be very surprised how simple it is to setup.

My only suggestion at this point would be to know what edit system you will be downloading the files to. You need to know what your files your edit sytem will handle. That will determine your record setup on the Nano for when you do the transfer. (file type/data rate)

Robin Probyn March 11th, 2010 02:08 AM

Hi Dusty

Many thanks.. yes Ive never been part of the post process before.. only need to know the frame rate! the editor will come over with his stuff to check it out ..

Can the internal Nano flash TC.. be set to REC RUN.. when recording without tape.. as a camera can be..

Ive ordered the beast.. awaiting delivery..

George Griswold March 11th, 2010 05:41 AM

The most important thing is to....

Before you go out on a real shoot... test and re-test. That will avoid many problems. Work with your editor as you go.

Robin Probyn March 11th, 2010 06:38 AM

What were the learning curves for you? seems simple enough if the settings are right? or am I kidding myself :)

Andrew Stone March 11th, 2010 07:32 AM

Hi Robin,

You will probably want the unit to be triggered into record mode when you press the record button on your camera so the first thing you should do is set your timecode to "rec run" so it generates timecode only when the HDX900 is recording. This will send the signal to the nanoFlash "to record". You will have to make a setting change on the nanoFlash to accept the "rec run" timecode but I heartily believe Rusty is right. You should be patient and wait till the unit comes.

If you need further assistance, you will get a reply within a hour or two. It is really quite simple.

However, generally when people are considering a nanoFlash purchase things like mounting the unit to the camera are important, the best way to power it, making sure you have the right cables and cable length from the camera to the nanoFlash and to an external monitor should you choose to use one. It is here that I would place most of your thinking at this point so you don't spend a bunch of money on needless accessories or worse get the unit and discover you should have ordered a couple more HD-SDI cables at a particular length for a given camera configuration.

Robin Probyn March 12th, 2010 06:07 AM

Hi there

I have all the cables ordered.. and mounting sorted.

Might be recording without tape.. so rec run from camera wont work.. is there rec run internal setting on the Nano?

Thanks