DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   Upd 1.5.73 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/475335-upd-1-5-73-a.html)

Clarke Thomas March 22nd, 2010 10:14 AM

Upd 1.5.73

This "UPD" directory now has 2 files in it, the usual .bin, and now also a .DS_store file. What does this new file do in the Nano, and should it be there?

Is this release ready for production, or is this a beta?

Piotr Wozniacki March 22nd, 2010 12:13 PM

Where do you see 1.5.73?

Clarke Thomas March 22nd, 2010 12:34 PM

CD downloads page

Posted on 19, March a new nano update 1.5.73.

Billy Steinberg March 22nd, 2010 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarke Thomas (Post 1503538)
This "UPD" directory now has 2 files in it, the usual .bin, and now also a .DS_store file. What does this new file do in the Nano, and should it be there?

Is this release ready for production, or is this a beta?

The .DS_Store file is created and used by the Mac OSX operating system. While it should have no ill effect on any operating system, I'll leave it to Dan or one of the CD people to officially confirm this with regard to the nano. The nano does NOT make use of the .DS_Store file.

fyi, there are third party applications for the Mac that will prevent the creation of Mac OS specific hidden files on non-Mac formatted volumes (such as the FAT formatted file system on the SD card used by the nano).

Billy

Piotr Wozniacki March 22nd, 2010 12:40 PM

I still see 1.5.31

Can you give a direct link?

Barry J. Weckesser March 22nd, 2010 01:50 PM

That was a good find Clarke - It states in the release notes that this is a Beta. Also, in all the installation instructions they only mention copying the "UPD" file so I would imagine the other file could be ignored. I hope that this Beta is not a pre-pre release not meant for public consumption.

Clarke Thomas March 22nd, 2010 02:05 PM

Extra File

Barry, The UPD is a directory which, only on this update, has an extra file in it. All updates before only had the .bin file contained.

Barry J. Weckesser March 22nd, 2010 02:22 PM

Got it! I assume this file should be deleted however, I am wondering if we should get Dan Keaton's or Mike Schell's input on this - in the past I have always received emails when either the betas or approved firmeware has been added and I have not received one yet. I wonder if this version is even ready for beta testing yet? Either Mike or Dan have, in the past, also posted on dvinfo when the beta/regular release was ready.

Dan Keaton March 22nd, 2010 03:05 PM

Dear Barry,

Good Advice.

This is a "not for public consumption" release.

We were sending this out to one person, to test a specific portion of the new Public Beta.

We have been working in other areas and we do not recommend that you use this release.

Our Public Beta will be posted in the Public areas of our website.

Barry J. Weckesser March 22nd, 2010 03:19 PM

Thanks Dan. My original "hunch" was correct. Any idea when the new Beta will be out?

Dan Keaton March 22nd, 2010 03:23 PM

Dear Barry,

We will be creating a new "build" tomorrow.

Then, if it passes our tests we will be posting it.

Mark Job March 22nd, 2010 07:06 PM

New Firmware for XDR as Well ?

Hi Dan:
Can us XDR users expect a similar release soon, since the code is similar (Or identical ?) to the Nano code ?

Dan Keaton March 22nd, 2010 07:32 PM

Dear Mark,

Yes, we try to release firmware for both at the same time or as close to each other as possible.

Mark Job March 23rd, 2010 06:14 AM

Great :-)

Hi Dan:
Cool ! :-) Thanks.