Second Public Beta Discussion Area - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old March 30th, 2010, 11:55 AM   #46
New Boot

Dear Dan,

I have done a short test, and all looks good with the .mpg system. Going on a flight now to do an extended test. Thank you,
Clarke Thomas
Clarke Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2010, 02:34 PM   #47
New Boot

.mpg test OK

Just completed a flight on some electric line ROW with the Beta 1.5.126. The video looks very clean, and both audio tracks are also clean and clear. Recording using Sony HD camera and .mpg format at 35 mbs over HDMI, with analog audio input. All Thumbs UP from me! Thanks for the fixes to the CD team.
Clarke Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2010, 03:48 PM   #48
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Job View Post
Hi Dan:
Can you give an ETA on when the XDR 2nd public beta will be released ?
Dear Mark,

Our testing team found a problem with the Flash XDR code in the Second Public Beta, thus we withheld posting it until the issue was resolved.

This does not affect the nanoFlash Second Public Beta in any way.

I do not have an ETA when the Flash XDR code will be ready, sorry.
Old March 30th, 2010, 07:22 PM   #49
Trustee

Good to Know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Keaton View Post
Dear Mark,

Our testing team found a problem with the Flash XDR code in the Second Public Beta, thus we withheld posting it until the issue was resolved.

This does not affect the nanoFlash Second Public Beta in any way.

I do not have an ETA when the Flash XDR code will be ready, sorry.
OK Dan. Thanks for the update :-)
Mark Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2010, 09:36 AM   #50
Major Player

Anyone tried the new beta (NANO) firmware using an EX! with the v. 1.20 firmware

I was wondering if anyone had tried out the new Nano beta with an EX1 with the new v. 1.20 firmware installed. I experience a 1-4 second delay in the Nano started to record once I press the camera record button. I have the Nano set to the new TC trigger setting. I also have prebuffer on (works the same without prebuffer) and am shooting at 1080 30P MXF at 100mbps.
Barry J. Weckesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2010, 09:55 AM   #51
Major Player

Hi Barry,
I haven't try that, but trying to figure it out why that would be the case. Would you be able to post a print out of your settings? Also, a wild question, but could be an issue... Do you use a proper SDI cable or a RCA with BNC connections?
Other thing to try is restore to factory settings, power off and than redo yours ones again
hope that helps you
cheers
Luben Izov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2010, 08:55 PM   #52
Regular Crew

Mark, us older timers (flash XDR owners) continue to languish in the midst of all the young upstarts (Nanoflash owners). Oh well.

David
David Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2010, 10:39 PM   #53
Regular Crew

CF Card had trouble formatting in slot 2

Shot today using the new release. I like the menu changes.

I did have trouble getting the CF Cards to properly format today. I had both cards in, initiated the formatting, but error came up saying CF2 was unknown card (or something like that). Pulled the cards, put Card 2 into CF1, leaving CF2 empty, and still had "CF2 Unknown card" error. Reformatted once more and all seemed fine.

Cards are Delkin 64Gbs and work great. The card originally in CF2 was used to redo the firmware. I had deleted the firmware file from the card, on my pc, before attempting to reformat in Nano.
Scott Stoneback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2010, 06:45 AM   #54
Inner Circle

Dear Scott,

If you put your cards in the nanoFlash now, and attempt to format them, do you get the error, or has the problem gone away?

Please feel free to call our office, 720-221-3861, and our Support Manager will be happy to assist. This is a number to our Colorado Springs office.
Old April 1st, 2010, 06:53 AM   #55
Trustee

Left Behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Rogers View Post
Mark, us older timers (flash XDR owners) continue to languish in the midst of all the young upstarts (Nanoflash owners). Oh well.

David
...Hi David:
Yeah, I feel like an orphan :-( EDIT: That is, an orphan with nothing to test. No 2nd public beta for us :-(
Old April 1st, 2010, 07:15 AM   #56
Inner Circle

Dear David and Mark,

We had built a version, for release, for the Flash XDR and the nanoFlash on the same day.

Just before released both, our quality control testing found a problem with the Flash XDR version. So we did not release it. It could have been the other way around.

We are trying to find the problem then fix it.

Just as our Public Beta testers are testing the nanoFlash version, our quality control testers are testing it in our lab.
Old April 1st, 2010, 07:37 AM   #57
Trustee

Hoping for the Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Rogers View Post

David
Quote:
Dear David and Mark,

We had built a version, for release, for the Flash XDR and the nanoFlash on the same day.

Just before released both, our quality control testing found a problem with the Flash XDR version. So we did not release it. It could have been the other way around.
Hi Dan: Well, I'm certainly glad you folks at CD found the problem before releasing this beta-As opposed to us finding it instead, as you suggested. I'm hoping 24 F Jam-Sync and .MPG playback works flawlessly in the next beta release. I'm also hoping all general playback works perfectly, like it does on production release ver. 1.1.151. with all .mxf and .MOV files.
Old April 1st, 2010, 09:07 AM   #58
Major Player

Problem Recording in 720/30p

I came across an odd problem recording in 720/30p on an EX3 the other day. The display on the nanoFlash showed it was recording in 720/60. Fine. I injested the material onto a Mac and dropped the first clip into the sequence in FCP to get the timeline to adjust to the parameters of the nanoFlash clip, as I usually do. Then I dropped in the remaining material, performed the edit, titling, transitions, no colour correction on this job as it was a quicky (but long) event video. Did a final render and then rendered (exported) out a ProRes version of the job to prep for Compressor. Threw the file into Compressor, crunched the material down for web delivery only to discover the video was exactly twice as long as the original video footage (you can see where I am going). Checked back in the timeline/sequence settings and noted that in the XDCAM EX 4:2:2 codec settings that 720/30p is not available.

Should we always be recording in camera at 720/60 when the end result we want is 720/30 and discard the duplicate frames in post or did I simply foul up somewhere?

EDIT:

I think I found some pertinent information on page 16 of the manual but please weigh in if you have some useful thoughts.
Andrew Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2010, 06:22 PM   #59
Regular Crew

Quote:
Dear Scott,

If you put your cards in the nanoFlash now, and attempt to format them, do you get the error, or has the problem gone away?

Please feel free to call our office, 720-221-3861, and our Support Manager will be happy to assist. This is a number to our Colorado Springs office.
The cards seemed to format fine today. I am guessing the hiccup was related to the card having been used during the firmware update.

Still have audio sync problems... the audio is several frames ahead of the video during playback.
Scott Stoneback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2010, 04:40 AM   #60
Inner Circle

Dear Scott,

As we have documented in our Release Notes for 1.5.126, the audio/video sync is 2 frames off, when playing pack via the nanoFlash, but not the files themselves are ok.

Thus, when you edit the files, the audio/video sync should be ok.

This is a technical hurdle we are trying to overcome. We are working on it.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey