Second Public Beta Discussion Area - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old March 28th, 2010, 12:53 PM   #31
Inner Circle

Dear Luben,

Are you using the Second Public Beta, 1.5.126?

I am not getting that message where one has to press OK when I am working with 1.5.126.

We do provide more information than before.

In our First Public Beta, we put out a lot of new information.

But, before we put out the Second Public Beta we cut this information down, as well the time to boot the nanoFlash.

What does the message say?
Old March 28th, 2010, 01:40 PM   #32
Inner Circle

Dear Luben,

Are you referring to the two messages that we display showing the Volume names of the CompactFlash cards in the nanoFlash?

One is on the right side of the screen, one is on the left side.

If so, you do not have to press ok to get these off the screen.

We will be improving this so that at startup we do not show these messages.
Old March 28th, 2010, 01:42 PM   #33
Major Player

Msg on NF when powered

Dear Dan,
Yes, I am using Second Public Beta 1.5.126 Tommy sent me the link for the download. It's still available according to the link from my email box. I just try it, but not sure if it's the same file that I downloaded a few day ago. What I am going to do is to upload the file I have on my NF on my wife website for you to download. Please do so, try it and let me know what I need to do to get the Msg. of the screen if possible. I don't think I am using a different Firmware because it says under ABOUT that it is 1.5.126.
Here is the link http://www.annewheeler.com/nanoFlash_1.5.126.zip
Cheers
Luben Izov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2010, 02:20 PM   #34
Inner Circle

Luben,

I'm sure you're not doing a simple mistake like this, but I'll ask:

Are you sure you have deleted the }UPD{ folder from your card? When present, the nanoFlash will ask whether to update the firmware - and this, along with formatting cards, are the only circumstances I have ever seen the OK prompt displayed on the nanoFlash display...

Other than that - yes, the boot time seems now very long with all the storage diagnostics being displayed, but you don't need to wait for them to complete before starting recording (not to mention push the OK button).
Old March 28th, 2010, 02:39 PM   #35
Major Player

Dear Piotr,
Thank you for the question, but, no. I have done all by the book. After deleting the }UDP{ folder from the CF card, I formated the card in NF that of course had the new updated firmware.
Please download the file I post and try it. Please tell me if you experience the same as I do. If you do not, than... "Huston!, we have a problem....." ;)
Cheers

BTW, it is a greeting Msg. and reminds you to check with CD for a new firmware updates or something like that...
I can't confirm right now exsactly. The NF is out for a shoot with my wife.
Old March 28th, 2010, 02:45 PM   #36
Inner Circle

Ach, OK. I was sure you couldn't be doing such a trivial mistake:)

If you're seeing some welcoming message, it sounds like Tommy has linked you to some intermediate build (before the 1.5.126 became Public, I also got an earlier version from Tommy).

I think you just should download the 1.5.126 from the CD webpage, and you'll be good.
Old March 28th, 2010, 02:55 PM   #37
Inner Circle

Dear Luben,

Thanks, I just needed to know which message.

Yes, we put out a "Greeting Message", asking the user to register their nanoFlash.

We want everyone to register their nanoFlash so we can keep them informed of firmware updates.

This message will go away. I do not know the exact circumstances.

If you restart your nanoFlash now, after Ok'ing the message at least once, does the "Greeting" message still come up at startup?
Old March 28th, 2010, 03:15 PM   #38
Inner Circle

Dear Luben,

Yes, if you are using 1.5.126, you have the latest release, our Second Public Beta.
Old March 28th, 2010, 03:56 PM   #39
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Keaton View Post
Dear Luben,

This message will go away. I do not know the exact circumstances.

If you restart your nanoFlash now, after Ok'ing the message at least once, does the "Greeting" message still come up at startup?
Dear Dan,
Thank you for the reply. Yes, the Msg. comes every time I restart the NF. Takes a long time and if I do not push the OK button, NF is not fully booted up.
Luben
Old March 28th, 2010, 04:26 PM   #40
Inner Circle

Dear Luben,

Please check your Date and Time in the System menu.

It may be incorrect.

If so, then we may think that this firmware release is over three months out of date.

If so, then we will put out a message to check our website for firmware updates.
Old March 28th, 2010, 09:57 PM   #41
Inner Circle

Dear Friends,

Our Quality Control tester, in our lab, has determined that 1.5.126 does not pass audio when using the HDMI-In and looping it through to the HDMI-Out.

We will correct this as soon as possible.
Old March 28th, 2010, 10:37 PM   #42
Major Player

Dear Dan,
Did you see the post I made on first Public Beta 1.5.31?
Also, Anne just got home and the time, date, year was all correct on NF. I did turn on and off more then 10 times to see if that Msg. would go away and it did. It does not appear any more but it did take a lot of on/off's.... I'll keep you posted if I have this Msg. appear again.
Thank you
Luben
Old March 30th, 2010, 07:13 AM   #43
New Boot

mpg Audio

Dan,
I exclusively use the mpg format. Are you saying that the audio is still not recording correctly with this second beta? I don't use the hdmi in, or out for audio, strictly the analog. Can I expect this ver to be fixed from the reversed audio?
Clarke Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2010, 08:13 AM   #44
Trustee

Where is the XDR Public Beta # 2 ??????

Hi Dan:
Can you give an ETA on when the XDR 2nd public beta will be released ?
Mark Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2010, 08:14 AM   #45
Inner Circle

Dear Clarke,

As far as I know, based on our internal testing, MPG works fine with this Second Public Beta.

Yes, you can expect the reversed audio, that was present in our First Public Beta, to be fixed in this version.

Please feel free to test it.

Please note that I said:

o HDMI Loop Through: Audio missing
When looping from HDMI-In to HDMI-Out, any audio present on the HDMI-In will be missing on the HDMI-Out
(This will be corrected as soon as possible)

I learned yesterday that this was not true. During our testing, we thought this was not working. Our engineers retested it and found that it was working afterall.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey