DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   time lapse setting (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/476204-time-lapse-setting.html)

Robin Probyn April 4th, 2010 09:57 PM

time lapse setting

Hi there

Question on TL setting.So nano is set to record one frame.. in iframe mode.. with the time interval set in the menu.. hrs/mins/sec,s..

Anything Iam missing here..?

Thanks

Luben Izov April 5th, 2010 12:59 AM

Hi Robin,
Please refer to CD NF manual first, before you post here. It sounds that you haven't read it at all!?! Is that the case? Please read below for your info:
From NF Manual

Time-Lapse
Records individual video frames (as I-Frame only) based on a set time interval
(Hours:Minutes:Seconds). Special points to consider:
> the hour glass on the lcd screen will only change on the selected time interval.
> when a time-lapse record is stopped, there may be a delay up to the selected time interval to
close the clip. In addition, the clip will end with under a half second of regular speed footage,
which will need to be edited out.
> Use a reliable power source so as not to lose power and lose footage.
> Time-Lapse mode can support all bit rates (up to 280 Mbit) during record on approved CF
cards (including slower CF cards), due to the lower data rate; however, not all CF cards can
play back high bit rate recordings.
> Time-lapse is always I-frame only recording.
> Time-lapse is only supported in MXF and Quicktime file formats.
> System->Max File Size has an expanded range of 100% to 2% in time-lapse mode.
> At end of a time-lapse record, there may be a few extraneous video frames in the closing file.
> A minimum of 15 frames should be recorded to complete a successful record.
> Do not use time-lapse mode in combination with Pre-Record Buffer (System->PreBuffer),
Crank, 720p60->30/50->25, or 3:2 Pulldown Removal. (ver1.5.126)

Good place to start reading is from FAQ and more:
Convergent Design |

Hope this helps
Cheers
Luben

Robin Probyn April 5th, 2010 01:50 AM

Yes I did read it about 20 times.. sorry if it looks that way .. I have quite bad dyslexia .. and often things just dont make sense .. but put in another more simple way makes perfect sense.. or I need to see if I have got it right..

Thanks for your patience :)

Robin Probyn April 6th, 2010 01:38 AM

Not in the manual that I could see..

Can TL be sent to the NF just from the camera.. (camera set to TL) from the SDI only.. without changing the Nano settings.

Or if the Nano is set for TL in the NF menu.. what bearing does this have when shooting tape same time ie with HDX900?

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luben Izov (Post 1509876)
Hi Robin,
Please refer to CD NF manual first, before you post here. It sounds that you haven't read it at all!?! Is that the case? Please read below for your info:
From NF Manual

Time-Lapse
Records individual video frames (as I-Frame only) based on a set time interval
(Hours:Minutes:Seconds). Special points to consider:
> the hour glass on the lcd screen will only change on the selected time interval.
> when a time-lapse record is stopped, there may be a delay up to the selected time interval to
close the clip. In addition, the clip will end with under a half second of regular speed footage,
which will need to be edited out.
> Use a reliable power source so as not to lose power and lose footage.
> Time-Lapse mode can support all bit rates (up to 280 Mbit) during record on approved CF
cards (including slower CF cards), due to the lower data rate; however, not all CF cards can
play back high bit rate recordings.
> Time-lapse is always I-frame only recording.
> Time-lapse is only supported in MXF and Quicktime file formats.
> System->Max File Size has an expanded range of 100% to 2% in time-lapse mode.
> At end of a time-lapse record, there may be a few extraneous video frames in the closing file.
> A minimum of 15 frames should be recorded to complete a successful record.
> Do not use time-lapse mode in combination with Pre-Record Buffer (System->PreBuffer),
Crank, 720p60->30/50->25, or 3:2 Pulldown Removal. (ver1.5.126)

Good place to start reading is from FAQ and more:
Convergent Design |

Hope this helps
Cheers
Luben

Dan Keaton April 6th, 2010 04:35 AM

Dear Robin,

If you set your camera to record timelapse, a normal HD-SDI signal is output which the nanoFlash can use for timelapse or normal recording.

If you set your camera for normal, then the nanoFlash can record normal or timelapse.

Dusty Powers April 6th, 2010 08:04 AM

Robin:

The camera does not need to be setup for Time Lapse when using the NanoFlash. Just set the Nano up to record the Time Lapse. Let the NanoFlash do all the work for you.

When doing a Interval Time Lapse with the HDX-900 I just use the camera for the image and record the time lapse footage only on the NanoFlash. I don't like spending too much time digging in the menu of the 900 then have to spend time changing it back just in case I need in a hurry.

Set your NanoFlash up ahead of time with the settings you want. (most of the time I use 1 frame every 1 second) Change your record function setup to start manually on the Nano (if not recording to tape on the camera).

Robin Probyn April 7th, 2010 06:36 AM

Hi Dusty

Ok great.. thanks .. sounds a good way to go..