DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   Good News For Nano & XDR Users with Avid & FCP (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/476635-good-news-nano-xdr-users-avid-fcp.html)

Mark Job April 11th, 2010 06:19 PM

Good News For Nano & XDR Users with Avid & FCP

Hi All:
I just got off the live feed from the NAB Avid streamed event. Now announced, Avid Media Composer 5.0 will work *Natively with Final Cut Pro's Pro Res codec via AMA and will allow Final Cut Studio Quicktime Movie flavours of the codec to be edited seamlessly alongside any standard .MXF file *NATIVELY WITHOUT **ANY** FREAKIN TRANSCODING !!!* This is truly big time for Final Cut Pro users with CD's Nano Flash & Flash XDR products. Via Avid's public industry acceptance to import through AMA Pro Res in *realtime, FCS will now be broadcast media TV Network compatible ! Period ! Now you will be able to record with the Nano & XDR in QT. MOV and import that into Avid Media Composer alongside Red Cine, Avid DNxHD, Any Avid .MXF , Pro Res and play them all off the timeline in realtime ! You will even be able *To OUTPUT FROM AVID MEDIA COMPOSER IN QT PRO RES MOVIE IF YOU NEED TO !*

Avid Media Composer now supports ultra affordable Matrox I/O hardware box !! It's about bloody time that happened ! Now you don't have to purchase their ultra expensive proprietary I/O boxes anymore !! It just got MUCH cheaper to output in realtime from your Nano via HD-SDI or HDMI into Avid Media Composer.

Andrew Stone April 11th, 2010 07:12 PM

post removed: wanted clarification but re-read post.

Perrone Ford April 11th, 2010 07:46 PM

WOW! These are two Huge announcements. HUGE!

Mark Job April 11th, 2010 08:00 PM

Big Announcements Indeed !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perrone Ford (Post 1513005)
WOW! These are two Huge announcements. HUGE!

..Hi Perrone:
This finally opens the door for all of the Final Cut Pro users who have been effectively shut out of the Network Broadcast Areas of Post due to their edited clips being basically incompatible with the established Avid Media Composer post workflows. Now with Avid Media Composer 5.0 you should be able to post in Final Cut and work collaboratively with any Avid Network Media "Interplay" network servers. Avid has just announced they're in the middle of acquiring Euphonics top end audio mixing boards and software, so now you should be able to cut in Final Cut Pro and/or Media Composer, then send it all to the mixing stage for a final sound edit of your locked movie or TV program picture edit, and afterward send it back over to Media Composer, which will recognize and preserve the audio mix and sweetening right on the timeline ! Big ! Big ! Very Big my friends ! Now I can take my picture edit from the Avid Media Composer timeline, send it out over the network to my top end iMAC and do a superior audio Dolby Digital 5 + 1 soundtrack mix using Soundtrack PRO, then send that QT with FCS Audio mix from my Media Composer picture edit, then back onto the Media Composer and out to tape via a Matrox IO Box, or cut to tape. Very Big !

Ted O'Brien April 15th, 2010 10:59 AM

"out to tape via a Matrox IO Box" I thought they announced monitoring over the Matrox box, not actual tape output.

Mark Job April 15th, 2010 12:29 PM

Hi Ted:
I believe they said it was both Monitor, Tape I/O.