Flash XDR Firmware Update Confusion at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old April 28th, 2010, 01:42 PM   #1
Trustee

Flash XDR Firmware Update Confusion

Hi Dan:
On the Convergent Design XDR firmware update page a series of updates are listed, but none of these updates are differentiated between *public betas* and *Production Releases.* Now, I understood the last stable *Production Release was 1.1.151 (??) What is 1.1.154 ??? Is this another public beta or a stable production release ? I'm sure 1.5.126 was a *Public Beta. Can you please clarify what's what and can you tell me when the next firmware update will be released for the Flash XDR ? Thanx :-)
Mark Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 03:33 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Dear Mark,

On our website, we have not posted any "Public Beta's" for the Flash XDR.

As such, there is no mention of "Public Beta" for the Flash XDR, thus only Production Releases for the Flash XDR are posted.

The last Production Firmware for the Flash XDR was and is 1.1.151.
This is the Flash XDR version of the nanoFlash Production Firmware 1.1.154.

1.1.154 is for the nanoFlash only. This older version has been replaced by 1.5.126, the current production firmware for the nanoFlash. This 1.5.126 was originally introduced as a "Public Beta" for the nanoFlash, then elevated to Production Firmware.

For the Flash XDR, we emailed, to registered users of the Flash XDR, 1.5.55 a few weeks ago. This firmware is equal to the nanoFlash 1.5.126 firmware.

Our plans are to post Flash XDR firmware version 1.5.55 as "Production Firmware" as soon as possible.
Our staff is in training, at this minute, on how to make changes to our new website. Thus, 1.5.55 may be posted this afternoon, or may be delayed to tomorrow.
Old April 28th, 2010, 05:20 PM   #3
Trustee

Didn't Receive 1.5.55 XDR Firmware

Hi Dan:
OK. Thanks for the clarification. However, I did not receive the email a couple of weeks back to which you have referred (1.5.55). I look forward to receiving this newer firmware update and testing it out. Dan do you have a fixed list of repaired bugs .pdf to which you can direct me to on this new firmware ?

Thanks

EDIT: OOps ! My apologies Dan ! I was looking at the Nano Flash section of the page ! I guess I should see about getting a little more sleep this month ;-)
Old April 28th, 2010, 10:03 PM   #4
Trustee

??Now I'm Even More Puzzled???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Keaton View Post
Dear Mark,
Our plans are to post Flash XDR firmware version 1.5.55 as "Production Firmware" as soon as possible.
...Hi Dan: I did some more research and now I'm further puzzled ! It turns out I did in fact receive firmware version 1.1.55 and thoroughly tested it, but this firmware version was released and is listed in its release notes as a public beta version and it has many bugs in it. Why would CD have plans to release this public beta as a new "Production Firmware" Release ??? Please advise.
Old April 29th, 2010, 10:24 AM   #5
Major Player

I don't think I got an email for 1.5.55 either. Maybe I did. Either way, I won't be changing my firmware until I see a list of what's fixed (don't care about new features so much), and some other users have confirmed that it's a solid release. I think I've been the guy getting consistently burned with issues in new releases and beta releases.
Aaron Newsome is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey