Flash XDR Tips & Tricks - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old May 5th, 2010, 02:57 PM   #16
Trustee

Flash XDR as TC Generator

Hi Aaron:
Yes, the XDR seems to have a very good, very accurate clock generator inside it. I appreciate CD for spending what must have been the extra coin for a higher quality clock chip generator circuit. I've seen allot of video devices which feature TC generation as an additional function, which have really unclean, inaccurate, swiftly drifting time code output at a weak line level signal. The XDR is SMPTE spec as far as I can test it.

Stand by for more feature uses of the XDR. Producing a tested and recorded CF card TC reference with SMPTE Bars and reference audio tone is preferable, because you can record several different types of format TC references on multiple CF cards, thus being ready to drive whatever device running in whatever format from the secondary HD-SDI output of the XDR.
Mark Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 03:18 PM   #17
Trustee

Flash XDR USE No.6: Perfect for Double System Audio Shooting.

Hi Friends:

You can drive the Flash XDR from some digital audio multi-track recorders via the external LTC input, such as the Aaton Cantar X-2. The advantage of the wired LTC signal method is a guaranteed solid TC reference lock between your audio and video.

* For some shooting situations, having a hard wired TC reference to the XDR is impractical. For such situations I recommend the wireless Jam-Sync use in 1080 59.94i shooting mode. Also, it is advisable to re-jam sync often (Every 30 to 45 minutes max)
Mark Job is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey