Nano files to DVD at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old May 5th, 2010, 04:05 PM   #1
Major Player

Nano files to DVD

Any ticks,tips for putting nano files.. QT 1080/25p 50Mbps.. onto a DVD..to be used with FCP.. I have Mac Book with Toast,Calibrated for viewing.. but no FCP myself.. no editing.. just making a copy to send to editor..

Thanks
Robin Probyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2010, 01:24 AM   #2
Major Player

did a test with toast.. worked but ofcourse limited to the GB,s of DVD..
Old May 6th, 2010, 03:17 AM   #3
Major Player

getting files to clients ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Probyn View Post
Any ticks,tips for putting nano files.. QT 1080/25p 50Mbps.. onto a DVD..to be used with FCP.. I have Mac Book with Toast,Calibrated for viewing.. but no FCP myself.. no editing.. just making a copy to send to editor..

Thanks
There are at the moment 3 ways to get clients the files ... depending on the size of the files. I've used up to 10 or 15 gigs upload to my online storage site ... works but takes a long time (DSL connection.) 10gig took 9-13 hours ... basically over night. 26 gigs 40 hours (still faster than FedEX) ... if you have a fast connections better. Blue-ray discs ... blue-ray burner ... (with it's own problems ... doable in the latest toast) ... $50 - 2.5 hard drive 160 gigs which you need a enclosure kit USB2 to connect to your hard drive and then copy and send the disk. The producer will also have to have an enclosure kit ($20) to connect to his computer ... that's it as far as I know. You could provide him with both and charge him for it. If there is another method ... I'd be happy to know about it.
Dean Harrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2010, 04:56 AM   #4
Major Player

Hi Dean

Yes forget this uploading.. just takes too long,unless its only 5 mins of footage.Blu ray.. more gear..
seems sending a portage HDD for $50/60 well packed by fedex etc is the best way.If you have 48 hr upload to FTP site.. its about the same time to just about anywhere in the world.. and alot more sleep.. :)
Old May 6th, 2010, 05:52 AM   #5
Major Player

yes ...

It looks like the HD is the easiest and most reasonable way to get it done.
Dean Harrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2010, 05:59 AM   #6
Major Player

uploading ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Probyn View Post
Hi Dean

Yes forget this uploading.. just takes too long,unless its only 5 mins of footage.Blu ray.. more gear..
seems sending a portage HDD for $50/60 well packed by fedex etc is the best way.If you have 48 hr upload to FTP site.. its about the same time to just about anywhere in the world.. and alot more sleep.. :)
I had a client recently on a promotional tour of the U.S. ... different cities every 3 or 4 days for 6 weeks. That upload of his film was very useful. It was an SD DVD so it was under 4 gigs in H.264 codec. This is very valuable to have me thinks.
Dean Harrington is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey