Please help at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old May 10th, 2010, 05:22 PM   #1
Major Player

Please help

Hi,
The last CF recorded with my nano has mov files that I can't open or read. Theoretically the last four shots are on this card but I see 50 mov files which are locked and have a grey rectangle icon with an "exec" written on the top left corner. Forty something of them are empty files (zero kb) some are 4,5 Mb and four of them has hundreds of Mb. The other two cards I recorded in the first session have readable information on them , they also have between the takes some "one frame" files which I can't explain, but all the footage is there.
Anyone else had a similar experience? What should I do?
I am using 16 GB Lexar Professional 300 CF and I was recording from JVC GY HM 700 at 35 Mb/s.

A second unpleasant thing happened last week when I found that one of the eject button is missing. I don't know how got broken. Is there a solution to replace the missing eject button.
ANy help is very welcome.
Thanks in advance,
Eugen
Eugen Oprina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2010, 05:29 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Dear Eugen,

I am sending you a private email.

I am including Tommy Schell, our support engineer. He will be happy to assist you.
Old May 14th, 2010, 09:24 AM   #3
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugen Oprina View Post
Hi,
The last CF recorded with my nano has mov files that I can't open or read. Theoretically the last four shots are on this card but I see 50 mov files which are locked and have a grey rectangle icon with an "exec" written on the top left corner. Forty something of them are empty files (zero kb) some are 4,5 Mb and four of them has hundreds of Mb. The other two cards I recorded in the first session have readable information on them , they also have between the takes some "one frame" files which I can't explain, but all the footage is there.
Anyone else had a similar experience? What should I do?
I am using 16 GB Lexar Professional 300 CF and I was recording from JVC GY HM 700 at 35 Mb/s.

A second unpleasant thing happened last week when I found that one of the eject button is missing. I don't know how got broken. Is there a solution to replace the missing eject button.
ANy help is very welcome.
Thanks in advance,
Eugen
Eugen - I'm using the same camera and setup and have not experienced any of these issues - I'm using Sandisk 60MB/s cards. I generally record at the 100Mb/s Long GOP without dropouts. I always backup record to the SD cards - do you have backups? The quality of the 35Mb/s inbuilt codec is still pretty good.... in fact identical to what you are doing on the Nano?

Sorry not much help.
John Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2010, 11:54 PM   #4
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mitchell View Post
Eugen - I'm using the same camera and setup and have not experienced any of these issues
I suspect problems with reading a card would generally either stem from a faulty card or an issue with a computer or a card reader rather than the camera.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2010, 03:22 AM   #5
Major Player

John,
I was wrong, I used the nano on the cam B which was a GY HD 251 and for the missed shots I used the backup from the tape which is lower quality. That's why I recorded on 35MBs in order to be compatible with the cam A which was the 700.

Adam,
Is nor the card neither the reader, I used both many times with success.

Thanks for your input,
Eugen
Eugen Oprina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2010, 10:13 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Eugen,

I experienced something similar with only one file at the very end of a shoot. The file has an .mov file extension, but FCP does not recognize it. Interestingly, it will play back from the nano. I did have backup on the tape from my HDX900, so I was able to transfer the portion from tape (phew).

Have you tried playing the file back from the nano?

Steve
Steve Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2010, 11:00 AM   #7
Trustee

Closing & Re-Opening the Video Files

Hi Dan:
Based on the picture posted in another thread. It appears as though all of the file data could be on the cf card media. Could it be a problem with the Nano not closing, then re-opening a video file correctly ? Perhaps the header data of the video file is not being written properly ?
Mark Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2010, 06:43 PM   #8
Inner Circle

Dear Friends,

We will be happy to analyze the card, and see if we can recover the data.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey