Nano - JVC GYHM 100U -CS5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old May 24th, 2010, 08:07 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Nano - JVC GYHM 100U -CS5

Just received my nano and I have a few questions. Is there a particular setting on the JVC GYHM 100U that should be set in camera before recording to nano. Ex. 24p, 30p, 60i, that would yield the best results?
Can I also manipulate the portrait, sports mode, excetra on the camera? Should the 3/2 pulldown be checked or unchecked if using a particular mode?
Second. I am able to open the files in PPCS5. However, the stero audio does not open correctly. There seems to be a delay in one of the stereo channels. I am opening in the xdcam hd422 preset and the Xdcam HD. I am hoping this will be fixed in an update.

Thanks for your help.
Roman
Roman Stikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2010, 07:13 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Dear Roman,

The selection of camera settings are usually an artistic choice.

The nanoFlash can record all of the formats that your camera produces.

Typically, if you camera is outputting 24p over 60 (as it most likely is), then you can use the nanoFlash Pulldown Removal option to remove the extra frames that the camera has added to achieve 60.

If you choose 30p, then you need to set Record PSF>Prog option in the nanoFlash.

You are free to use the special modes in your camera.

Adobe CS5 has a problem, with our files, with audio, at this time. They are working on this.

My best advice is to practice shooting, and your workflow, prior to using your new setup for an important shoot. The nanoFlash manual is also helpful.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey