OK button not working? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old July 20th, 2010, 12:06 AM   #1
Major Player

OK button not working?

Received my NanoFlash less than a week ago and have been running checks for the last few days.
Initial set up was fine.
Upgrade firmware 1.6.29 seemed fine.
Have been able to record, change menus, format cards without problem.

Fired the camera (Sony PMW-350) up today for some more checks and haven't been able to change anything or format the cards - the OK button does not work.
Unit is set (& stuck) on SDI in, PalSD 16x9, Mpeg 9, timecode trigger.

I'm able to record and to scroll through the menus but can't select or change any item or format cards (Delkin)

Am I do doing something wrong, have I missed something or is there an issue with the unit?
(don't really want to send it back from where I got it as it was brought from overseas but will if I have to)
Rohan Dadswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2010, 09:05 AM   #2
Sponsor: Convergent Design

Hello, Rohan. I have been trying to replicate your problem. Does your nanoFlash display any error messages at the top of the screen?
Either way, I would recommend stop recording, take all cards out, disconnect the camera, and turn the nanoFlash off. Then turn it back on with no input or cards and see if you can change any settings. If so, insert your card(s) and see if you can still change any settings. If you can, then connect the source. That way we can narrow down exactly where your nanoFlash is getting hung up.
Ryan Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2010, 03:16 PM   #3
Major Player

Hi Ryan,

There are no error messages displayed - the screen looks normal.
Have disconnected SDI input, output and tally/remote cable.
Have removed cards.

Powered unit back up - no change. Can scroll through menus but can't change settings.
Adding cards or input back also makes no difference.
Rohan Dadswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2010, 09:31 AM   #4
Sponsor: Convergent Design

Alright, well it seems as though this problem is strictly hardware related. The last thing to do would be to update the unit with 1.6.29 again. Found here: http://www.convergent-design.com/Por...ash_1.6.29.zip

Just unzip the file and put the }UPD{ folder on a CF card and then put the card in the nanoFlash. If you cannot press the OK button to start the update, or if the update completes but does not fix the problem, please contact our support e-mail or phone number and we will get this resolved as soon as possible.
Contact info found here: Support Contacts | Convergent Design
Ryan Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2010, 04:03 PM   #5
Major Player

Thanks Ryan,

Have reinstalled 1.6.29 (thankfully the update is automatic) but has made no difference to the OK button - it still will not select any item.

Will contact support.
Rohan Dadswell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey