Proxy Files at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old July 21st, 2010, 08:46 AM   #1
Major Player

Proxy Files

Dan,
Wish list.
1. Record Proxies simultaneously with high bit rate file. Proxies that can be used in an Avid and be associated with the master file on batch import.
or
2. Use two Nanos looped, one recording high bit and the other low bit that have file headers that AVID can utilize to edit proxy and import matching high bit rate files.

This would help for clients that require proxy in an AVID edit.
Dennis Dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2010, 01:21 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Dennis,

Just curious... why simultaneously? I use ProxyMill to make my proxies when I transfer to my primary & back-up drives... either on location or at night in the hotel. Is that not fast enough for your purposes? Yes, it would be easier but processing two movies at the same time sounds like a stretch for the nano.
Old July 21st, 2010, 02:49 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Dear Dennis,

Our nano3D will do exactly what you have requested.

Our nano3D consists of two nanoFlashes, a special bracket, cables, etc, and allows you to do what you want.
Old July 21st, 2010, 04:04 PM   #4
Major Player

Bob,
I having no luck getting MXF IMX 50 Mb files to be recognized by Proxy Mill. I need to let Dan M at Imagine as to my problem with Proxy Mill. ? What type of CD/Nano files are you having Proxy Mill process?
I know I could transfer to optical and have the Sony U1 drive generate proxies, but Im trying to eliminate the optical in this equation.

Dan, so your 3D set up generates files with common file tags?
Dennis Dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2010, 04:19 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Dear Dennis,

The concept of recording High Res and Proxy files, both recorded with the same file name (or with an identifier of High Res / Proxy is part of our nano3D development. I assume this is what you mean by "Tags", or do you mean something else. Both files will have the same timecode.

We are currently working on the serial protocol and serial communication interface so that the nanoFlashes, as part of a nano3D, can communicate with each other.

One of the primary goals is to coordinate the filenames and other information.

As part of nano3D there is a special Y-Cable that plugs into the Remote Control Connector. All nanoFlashes have the RS-232/RS-485 hardware.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey