DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   Can someone please create this software application (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/482421-can-someone-please-create-software-application.html)

Mark Job July 26th, 2010 11:37 AM

Can someone please create this software application

Hi friends:
I need a software solution which runs on PC, which can take an edited sequene created in Avid Media Composer (.MOV in an MXF wrapper), then output this file so it will play in an XDR or Nano Flash. I really need this for cross platform and on line VTR dubbing. Can anyone create this ? I'm willing to pay for it.

Vito DeFilippo July 26th, 2010 12:28 PM

Mark, you might want to contact these guys:

VideoToolShed | Workflow enhancing tools | Video editing | Subtitling | Custom software

Mark Job July 31st, 2010 12:02 PM

How hard would this app be to write ?

Hi Vito:
I'm wondering if this app should be made by Convergent Design, since they would know best the exact file structure parameters, or maybe they could provide an SDK for third party code writers ?

Vito DeFilippo July 31st, 2010 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Job (Post 1552173)
I'm willing to pay for it.

I hear you, Mark, but these guys are intimate with Media Composer, and they do custom software. Couldn't hurt to contact them.

Mark Job August 4th, 2010 10:02 AM

Another Dangerous Quebecer on this Forum ! ;-)

Hey Vito:
I see you are also local in the great city of Montreal ! Do you have an XDR also Vito ?

Vito DeFilippo August 4th, 2010 08:00 PM

Hi Mark,

Yep, I live and work in Montreal. I don't use an XDR. I'm still shooting with a Z1, cause much of the work I do is events, corp/gov video, and docs.

I'm hoping to upgrade this year, but have been waiting for the darned Scarlet to come out.

A lot of my time is spent editing, lately government video and docs.

Let me know what you're up to. Email if you prefer.

Cheers,
Vito

Olof Ekbergh August 5th, 2010 11:02 AM

Why not simply play the edited programs back into the NanoFlash or XDR with HD-SDI using your NLE.

I assume you have the NF or XDR and a KONA, MX02 or similar setup. If not you could have a facility that does do it for you, but the MX02 mini is pretty inexpensive at this point.

The NF also sometimes have issues when a card has been in a computer. Extra hidden files are sometimes added that will mess up the CF card for NF.

Mark Job August 5th, 2010 11:29 AM

Wrong Avid Media Composer Version

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olof Ekbergh (Post 1555822)
Why not simply play the edited programs back into the NanoFlash or XDR with HD-SDI using your NLE.

I assume you have the NF or XDR and a KONA, MX02 or similar setup. If not you could have a facility that does do it for you, but the MX02 mini is pretty inexpensive at this point.

The NF also sometimes have issues when a card has been in a computer. Extra hidden files are sometimes added that will mess up the CF card for NF.

...Hi Olof:
The MX02 is an excellent suggestion, only, my version is 4.0.5.x, and it doesn't support the Matrox HD-SDI monitoring option. However, I could upgrade to 5.0.x which does for around $500.00 and go get one of those MX02's.