DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   B&H says nanoFlash is "discontinued" (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/483362-b-h-says-nanoflash-discontinued.html)

Glenn Davidson August 14th, 2010 11:27 AM

B&H says nanoFlash is "discontinued"

Is this true? I had a nanoFlash in my cart and now it is gone with the word "discontinued" in red letters. They still have the bundled version in stock.

Mark Job August 14th, 2010 12:37 PM

Nano Discontinued ??

Hi Glenn:
I know the Flash XDR has been discontinued but si still *officially* supported by Convergent Design. I am not aware, however, that the Nano is anything other than CD's current *Flagship product. What sayest thou Dan ?

Andrew Stone August 14th, 2010 03:03 PM

Just checked B&H. The nanoFlash on it's own is discontinued but the basic nanoFlash with the card reader, cables and a ball mount is being sold. Seems like a logical progression to me. From a marketing/sales point of view selling the nanoFlash without the basic accoutrement is asking for trouble.

Would also be an odd time of year for a major product change in the video industry.

Andy Shipsides August 14th, 2010 03:38 PM

We are still selling the nanoflash by itself.. it does seem a bit odd that B&H would make you get it with those accessories. They do come in handy of course, but still strange.

Andy

Willard Hill August 14th, 2010 06:52 PM

I was going to buy the Nano-Flash from B&H last week, but then found under the listing of what was in the box that the AC power supply was not included, so I bought the "bundle option". In reading the Nano-Flash manual I find that each unit ships with an AC power supply and a USB card reader, which was not listed as being included with the Nano-Flash from B&H. The bundle included those items plus a very thin HD-SDI cable, an HDMI cable, a P-tap power cable, and a hot shoe ball mount.

Dan Keaton August 14th, 2010 11:12 PM

Dear Friends,

This is a misunderstanding. The nanoFlash has not been discontinued.

We offer to our dealers

1. The nanoFlash, which includes the AC Power Supply and a CompactFlash card reader,

or

2. The nanoFlash bundle, which includes the nanoFlash, the AC Power Supply, a CompactFlash card reader, am 18" D-Tap power cable, and very thin, very flexible 18" HD-SDI cable, an HDMI cable Type A to Type C (Mini), and a Hot Shoe Ball Mount.

The nanoFlash bundle is offered to our dealers and customers as a way to improve the customer's initial experience. Some were purchasing the nanoFlash, then learning that they needed some basic accessories to start using the nanoFlash.

We recommend that our dealers purchase the nanoFlash Bundle as it simplifies things for them, and the customer. The dealer has the choice of purchasing either the nanoFlash or the nanoFlash Bundle.

B&H has the nanoFlash bundle in stock and has discontinued offering just the nanoFlash. The price is $100 more, but the bundle includes accessories which we previously sold for $155.

Glenn Davidson August 15th, 2010 08:06 PM

Thanks Dan. No misunderstanding here, just confused by the B&H site. Thanks for confirming that the nanoFlash is not "discontinued" and that the unit ships with a CF reader and power supply. Cheers.

Kris Rutkowski August 17th, 2010 05:35 AM

Having just bought the NanoFlash, i almost got a heart attack when i read this thread's title! lol ..only joking!

Glenn Davidson August 18th, 2010 05:17 PM

B&H has updated their site. The nanoFlash and nanoFlash bundle are both available now. They even added a picture of what is included.

I had to go with the bundled version, but I am glad the info has been revised. Thanks again.

Ron Little August 23rd, 2010 06:51 AM

I just got one from B&H and also just had a hart attack. (LOL) The box is still sitting on my desk.

I am trying to figure out if I can adapt a VariZoom S-7000F Battery Plate and the D tap that came with the Nano to power the unit with Sony L series batteries. Anyone have any thoughts on the subject?

Dan Keaton August 23rd, 2010 07:30 AM

Dear Ron,

If you wish, you could keep the D-Tap cable intact for future use and order one of the following cables from www.nanoFlash.net

http://www.nanoflash.net/power_cables

Bare Leads to nanoFlash 36" $39.95

Or you could call me so we can discuss your options.