DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   HDMI input not working (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/483502-hdmi-input-not-working.html)

Sebastian Roeder August 18th, 2010 02:46 AM

HDMI input not working

Hello,

we just want to use the HDMI output of a Sony HDR-CX550 mini HDTV camcorder. Unfortunatelly our NanoFlash always says "NO SRC" although a 1080i50 signal is being output (conntected to a TV screen everything works fine). Also Sony assured that the HDMI output of the camera is NOT HDCM protected.

So everything sould be fine but it doesen't work. Does anyone has similar problems with the HDMI connection?

Regards
Sebastian

nanoFlash Firmware 1.6.29

Dan Keaton August 18th, 2010 07:12 AM

Dear Sebastian,

Please check the Source setting on your nanoFlash.

It should be System|Source|HDMI.

If it is System|Source|SDI, then your HDMI inputs will not work.

If the Source setting is correct, then I would try another HDMI cable.

Sebastian Roeder August 18th, 2010 02:23 PM

Hello Dan,

thanks for your reply. We already set the source to HDMI - we also changed the cable...

Dan Keaton August 18th, 2010 02:46 PM

Dear Sebastian,

Are you near your dealer?

Do you have any other source, HD-SDI or HDMI, to try.

Please feel free to call your dealer, or send me an email, our support department will be happy to assist.

Skip Brand August 18th, 2010 03:41 PM

I'm having a similar problem. I want to test the Nano with the 1080 60i mini-HDMI output of a Canon HSF100 camera. When hooked to the Nano, and the Nano set to HDMI input, long GOP 50 mbs, trigger to manual Start, I can't get the Nano to see a source. The camera plays Okay thru its HDMI out to a HDMI equiped Sony Bravia monitor. But the camera to monitor connection is thru a cable that is mini HDMI on one end to standard HDMI on the other. To connect the camera to Nano I must use a cable with Mini HDMI on both ends and have no way to test it. It is brand new tho. Nano works well with other cameras thru its HD-SDI.

Dan Keaton August 18th, 2010 08:06 PM

Dear Skip,

This may be just a bad HDMI cable.

We use an Canon HFs10 camera in our lab everyday.

(I know that your camera is a slightly different model).

Sebastian Roeder August 19th, 2010 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Brand (Post 1560406)
I'm having a similar problem. I want to test the Nano with the 1080 60i mini-HDMI output of a Canon HSF100 camera. When hooked to the Nano, and the Nano set to HDMI input, long GOP 50 mbs, trigger to manual Start, I can't get the Nano to see a source. The camera plays Okay thru its HDMI out to a HDMI equiped Sony Bravia monitor. But the camera to monitor connection is thru a cable that is mini HDMI on one end to standard HDMI on the other. To connect the camera to Nano I must use a cable with Mini HDMI on both ends and have no way to test it. It is brand new tho. Nano works well with other cameras thru its HD-SDI.

We used the same settings you did and also checked the output on a TV screen (LGE and Sony).
In the beginning we also had to deal with differen cables and evens used litte adaptors TypeA-to-C HDMI plugs. We thought that was causing the problems and ordered brand new cables - but no difference.

Sebastian Roeder August 19th, 2010 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Keaton (Post 1560393)
Dear Sebastian,
Do you have any other source, HD-SDI or HDMI, to try.

With HD-SDI there is no problems as thoses signals come from broadcas cameras.

HDMI: We only have one other HDMI output. It's a Blu-Ray player (with no HDCP turned on) and this signal put into the NF everything is fine - source is connected and NF says 1080i50 and Timecode 00:00:00:00 - in the same situation swichting over to the Sony camcorder: NO SRC.

Dan Keaton August 19th, 2010 03:53 AM

Dear Sebastian,

Do you have the HDMI output of your camera turned on?

To set your camcorder for HDMI ouptut,
touch (MENU)
 [Show others]
 [OTHER SETTINGS]
(under [GENERAL SET] category) 
[CTRL FOR HDMI]  [ON].

Sebastian Roeder August 19th, 2010 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Keaton (Post 1560551)
Do you have the HDMI output of your camera turned on?

To set your camcorder for HDMI ouptut,
touch (MENU)
 [Show others]
 [OTHER SETTINGS]
(under [GENERAL SET] category) 
[CTRL FOR HDMI]  [ON].

Yes we already set all these menues before - tried all combination and: on a TV screen we always see a signal...

Dan Keaton August 19th, 2010 06:08 AM

Dear Sebastian,

I have sent you a private email to arrange for the repair or replacement of your nanoFlash.

Skip Brand August 19th, 2010 08:26 AM

I tried a Sony Z7U HDMI output to the Nano mini HDMI input and the Nano worked right away. So in my case the next thing to try is replacing the HDMI cable with mini on both ends. Will have to find a replacement and see if that solves it. Will report.

Skip Brand August 19th, 2010 12:44 PM

My issue seems to be with the output mini HDMI connector on the Camera. I now have two cables. One cable just flat won't work. The other now will occasionally handshake with the Nano and works fine for a moment. But any movement breaks the connection. It looks like I'll have to try finding a better quality cable but the mini to mini HDMI cables are hard to find at all, let alone knowing what brand is higher quality.

Bruce Schultz August 19th, 2010 02:05 PM

Skip, those mini HDMI to regular HDMI cables are hard to find. Try finding a small adapter available at most electronic stores like Fry's or even Radio Shack that do the same thing, then you have the wealth of existing regular HDMI cables to use. I've used these and they are cheap and I've had no trouble with any brand of them so far.

Skip Brand August 19th, 2010 02:49 PM

Thanks Bruce and how right you are! The first two cables I used were from Frys's. One cable didn't work at all, the other would work if you wiggled the connection at the camera end. Went to Radio Shack and bought one of their HDMI type "A" adapters that converted it to a mini "C" and bang! worked right away. No intermittent problems and cheap to boot! Thanks!