DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   128 gb Compact Flash Cards (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/483742-128-gb-compact-flash-cards.html)

Lance Librandi August 23rd, 2010 08:40 PM

128 gb Compact Flash Cards

Hello Dan,
I recall that late last year there was mention of 128gb compact flash cards were to be released and that CD was going to test them. Has there been any development on this as I could really use larger cards in the absence of hot swap on the Nanoflash.

Many thanks

Dan Keaton August 24th, 2010 06:53 AM

Dear Lance,

I first contacted WinTec in February 2010.

And I have attempted to contact them multiple times since then.

Recently I have made serious efforts to contact them to no avail. This was a recently as last Friday.

Newegg.com had the Wintec 128 GB CompactFlash card listed as arriving August 20, 2010, but now it is delisted.

Unless I find evidence to the contrary, I do not think this card has hit the market yet.

Mark Job August 24th, 2010 08:34 AM

WinTec 128 GB Data & Contact Info

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Keaton (Post 1562107)
Dear Lance,

I first contacted WinTec in February 2010.

And I have attempted to contact them multiple times since then.

Recently I have made serious efforts to contact them to no avail. This was a recently as last Friday.

Newegg.com had the Wintec 128 GB CompactFlash card listed as arriving August 20, 2010, but now it is delisted.

Unless I find evidence to the contrary, I do not think this card has hit the market yet.

Hi Dan:
I found the following in a web search for the aforementioned CF card media. The item is still listed as available from New Egg Canada @ Newegg.ca - WINTEC FileMate 128GB Compact Flash (CF) Flash Card Model 3FMCF128GBW-R Support Phone Number: 1-866-989-4683.

I hope this helps ?

Lance Librandi August 24th, 2010 05:10 PM

Dear Dan,
Thank you for your reply while 128gb cards have not been authorised my other option is to hot swap the cards. This feature is still to be implemented by CD can you please advise when this feature will be implemented. For long duration high quality work this is still a very important feature, I hope this has not been deleted from the list of features to be implemented on the Nanoflash?

Mark you right they are still listed, good find.

Cheers

Lance Librandi August 24th, 2010 05:29 PM

Hello Mark,
Have a look at these CF cards
Cheers

Mark Job August 24th, 2010 05:42 PM

128 GB CF Card Media at an Affordable Price (??)

Hi Lance:
This AMC 64 GB CF card would most likely be in the $400.00 range around Montreal. Probably only available in Montreal at L.L. Lozeau on St.Hubert street (Ultra High End Specialty Digital Video & DSLR Boutique). When I went in and showed them my Flash XDR last year the guys at the desk nearly fainted ! - And they're used to seeing the very highest end in Canon and Sony Digital Video Camcorders and accessories - Panasonic Indie HVX200/200A equipment - Firestore drives - etc. L.L. Lozeau carries the full line (Thank God !) of the Sandisk CF cards. The Sandisk CF cards seem to work flawlessly with CD's recorders. I am waiting for Sandisk to introduce a performance PRO Series 128 GB CF card. If I purchased 4 of those 128 GB cards and stuck those in my Flash XDR, then I can't see why I would ever need anymore.

Lance Librandi August 25th, 2010 02:14 AM

Hey Mark,
Thanks for that info it's nice to know who are the high end dealers, I agree with you about Sandisk CF cards so far my PhotoFast cards have been very reliable as well.

Thanks

Lance Librandi August 26th, 2010 04:33 PM

Dear Dan,
Can you please let me known if the Hot Swap Card feature is still going to be implemented for the Nanoflash.

Many thanks

Dan Keaton August 26th, 2010 09:48 PM

Dear Lance,

Yes, it is still in our plans.

We have done a lot of work on this, but it is not finished.

Lance Librandi August 27th, 2010 04:10 AM

Dear Dan,
That's great news and I look forward to the implementation of this this feature.

Daniel Symmes August 28th, 2010 02:38 PM

Lance -

Photoflash isn't currently on the "accepted" list.

What size are you using?