DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   Panasonic AF100 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/483762-panasonic-af100.html)

Ed David August 24th, 2010 05:11 AM

Panasonic AF100

Reading more and more about Panasonic's upcoming camera, the AF100. If Nanoflash can gurantee they can get a recording signal out of this camera, CD may move thousands of units. This camera is going to be the next hot thing in Indie Filmmaking.

Guys, please coordinate with Panasonic to make sure your system is compatible.
This is going to be the next big camera, I can almost guarantee it, especially if they make it able to go to the great codec you guys provide.

Dan Keaton August 24th, 2010 06:55 AM

Dear Ed,

HD-SDI is a very well controlled specification.

If the camera has HD-SDI output, then it should work with the nanoFlash.

We will be testing this as soon as possible.

Ed David August 24th, 2010 01:27 PM

awesome. can I buy stock in your company? :)

Dean Harrington August 28th, 2010 03:44 AM

Panasonic AF100

If this camera lives up to expectations, it will re-enact the excitement that the DVX 100 brought to the party. I expect it to do so ... whether I would buy one at this time remains to be seen but the censor size is promising and the lens combination could be versatile ... so good so far!

Tim Polster August 28th, 2010 08:26 AM

I am sure the Nanoflash will work just fine with the AF-100. Whether or not it will sweep the nation depends upon your shooting needs. If you use a zoom servo in your work then this will not be the camera for you as all of the lenses mentioned so far will be manual zoom.

Matt Gottshalk September 2nd, 2010 11:48 AM

I hope that the SDI out of the AF-100 is 10 bit and not 8 bit.

Brad Parler October 4th, 2010 03:37 PM

HD-SDI is listed as 8 bit --- :(

I don't get it, as lesser cameras are doing 10 bit from their HD-SDI outs.
As of right now - it's listed as 8bit.

Rafael Amador October 5th, 2010 09:43 AM

So the camera will do what otherwise would be done in the NANO: Slash the 10b to 8b.
Frustrating for the one that intends record 10b. No for us.
rafael

Brad Parler October 6th, 2010 11:52 AM

Hopefully we will see them change this.

I doubt it, but one can always hope.

At this price point they have said up and down that they could not do AVC-Intra or P2 (with higher bitrate). Which leads me to think that another body in the series at a different much higher price point will be released. (but I wouldn't hold my breath for it).

I believe that they felt that they had to hit the sub $5k to stand a chance against the Scarlet, but now that they have backed down from this price point one can never tell...

Mike Schell October 6th, 2010 01:28 PM

nanoFlash and Panasonic AF100

Hi Ed-
We have already started preliminary discussions with Panasonic to ensure compatibility with the nanoFlash. We'll be working on mounting and power options in the coming months. We also think this camera will be a huge home run.