HDX900 24p /TC at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old August 30th, 2010, 01:46 AM   #1
Major Player

HDX900 24p /TC

Hi there

Strange thing the other day.Shooting tape and nano..this time nano was for backup.. TC -Last TC just didnt work..the TC on the nano was in sync with the camera but the red record light didnt come up.. just stayed green.. fine when tested..? recording from trigger record button,internal TC was fine.. no problem.. recorded fine and played back fine.

All settings were correct,TC embedded,trigger TC- Last TC..I reset them all just incase.. power on and off.. no cigar..

Now checked again a few days later.. and its fine?

Using latest firmware..

Are there any issues with the HDX900 1080/24p (23.98)..??

Thanks
Robin Probyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2010, 08:29 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Dear Robin,

The TC>Last TC means that the nanoFlash will trigger when the timecode from the camera is greater than the Last (or previous high) timecode from the camera.

It appears that the nanoFlash received a high timecode value, and thus did not trigger since a higher timecode value was not received.

One way this happens if you reset the timecode in the camera.

If you power off the nanoFlash, then power it back on, it clears the nanoFlash "highest timecode" value.
Old August 31st, 2010, 01:27 AM   #3
Major Player

Hi Dan

Yes I know what the TC last TC means and have used it in the past without any problems.

The camera TC was set to 01.00.00.00 and set for bars and tone.. Iam sure ive done this in the past ok.. I also tried just TC setting and it didnt work.

But it worked when I checked back at base.. so I guess logically I had somehow screwed up the settings..

Just wondered if there was any 24p thing going on.. as I mostly shoot 25p..and I thought I heard about some problems with the HDX900 and 24p re TC..and the nano..?

Thanks again
Robin Probyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2010, 04:52 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Dear Robin,

I am not aware of any problem with 24p timecode from the HDX900.

If you set the timecode to one hour (01:00:00:00) for bars and tone, and use TC > Last Timecode, and then reset the timecode to 0 (00:00:00:00), then the nanoFlash will not record until the timecode again reaches one hour.

One option is to use "System|Trigger|Timecode instead of TC>Last Timecode, then it will trigger on any incrementing timecode. But, when you review, in-camera, and not from the nanoFlash, then the nanoFlash will record the footage again, as the timecode will be incrementing.
Old August 31st, 2010, 05:53 AM   #5
Major Player

Hi Dan

No I didnt reset.. after Bars/tone.. will do another test tomorrow.. very odd.. did a test after putting in last firmware.. all fine.. didnt change anything.. and then boom. didnt record from TC-last TC.. or just incremental TC.. but fine from internal TC ..REC button trigger..

But works fine now.. thought there was some 24p HDX900 issue.. ok good to know there isnt..

Thanks again
Robin Probyn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey