DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   seeking nanoflash green screen footage (shot on ex3) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/484932-seeking-nanoflash-green-screen-footage-shot-ex3.html)

Ralph McCloud September 19th, 2010 08:50 AM

seeking nanoflash green screen footage (shot on ex3)

Working on a green screen project and am considering buying (or renting) the nanoflash to use with Sony ex3 camera. Does anyone have any green screen footage shot with ex3 and nanoflash they'd share (or sell) so we can test?

Thanks in advance.

Mike Schell September 19th, 2010 01:11 PM

Greenscreen Footage from EX3

Hi Ralph-
We have some great green screen footage shot with the EX1 (basically the same camera). I'll post a link on Monday.

Ralph McCloud September 19th, 2010 03:58 PM

Thank you so much! Looking forward to seeing it. Thanks again! Ralph

Ron Little September 19th, 2010 05:58 PM

Me too, I want to test it also. Can you be so kind as to tell what settings you used on the Nanoflash?

Aaron Newsome September 20th, 2010 12:07 PM

I have 100mb green screen footage but not shot on EX3.

Ralph McCloud September 20th, 2010 03:07 PM

Aaron,
What was yours shot on?

Tommy Schell September 20th, 2010 04:41 PM

Hi,

We've just posted a few green screen samples, here:

Index of /downloads/qt_samples/green_screen

Index of /downloads/mxf_samples/green_screen

Tommy Schell

Dan Keaton September 20th, 2010 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Little (Post 1570978)
Me too, I want to test it also. Can you be so kind as to tell what settings you used on the Nanoflash?

Dear Ron,

Based on feedback from our users, I feel that most use 100 Mbps Long-GOP (or higher) for greenscreen work and they are very pleased with the results.

You could always use 220 Mbps I-Frame Only, or 280 Mbps (if you have a fast card), but 100 Mbps Long-GOP works great, as far as I have been told.

Ron Little September 20th, 2010 09:22 PM

Thanks, that is really helpful.

It looks like the 100 mbps is really turning out to be the workhorse setting for the Nanoflash.

Tim Kolb September 21st, 2010 07:10 AM

I can back up what Dan is saying with personal experience.

I've done some greenscreen shots with EX1s and used a NanoFlash with 100 Mb long GOP. Works very well.

Now...that said, keep in mind that you need a workflow downstream for it as well. One editor on a project we did like this put the 100 Mb NanoFlash footage on a 50 Mb XDcamHD timeline in FCP and it worked great until he exported clips to AE for keying and FCP output it as 50 Mb...

A test with your chosen workflow components is always a good idea when introducing a new piece of gear and a new "format" into your workflow for the first time.

(And that goes with anything...camcorder, monitor, whatever...not just a NanoFlash).