Nano to DVD Workflow Options at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old September 23rd, 2010, 01:51 PM   #1
Trustee

Nano to DVD Workflow Options

During last spring/graduation season, I had the opportunity to shoot some high school graduations but a friend's company was used because they already had a quick record to dvd workflow setup. I have several contacts who will provide more opportunities so I want to figure out the best workflow with using a Nano to record DVD compliant files ready to burn.

So, assuming I use a switcher for multi-cam and record onto a Nanoflash, what is the quickest way of taking the nano files and burning to dvd? This is assuming Hot-Swap is enabled.

I could have 2 9bay dvd burners available.

The reason I want to have DVDs available as soon as possible after the event is because more people will purchase the DVDs. I think part of the reason is due to people being in a 'happy' mood after a graduation. Plus, so many people expect 'instant gratification'.

Another idea is to sell a 2 DVD combo: a DVD with just the MPEG2 files right after the event for playing on a computer and a finished DVD within a week or so. And a 3rd option could be adding Blu Ray and sell the 'future proofing' idea. Maybe $20 for immediate DVD; $30 for 2 DVD and $50 for all 3?

Thanks
Steve Kalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2010, 03:08 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Dear Steve,

The nanoFlash has a MPG mode.

In this mode, the nanoFlash creates pre-rendered files for either SD DVD or HD Blu-ray.

The files are small enough to fit on a DVD, as they are under 4.7 GB.

One needs DVD or Blu-Ray burning software, one that is smart enough to realize that the input files does not need to be rendered again.

The process of burning a DVD can be relatively quick when one does not have to render the input file.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey