Nano flah files to pdw-u1 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old October 22nd, 2010, 06:41 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Dear Dave,

Thank you for your tests, and for reporting your test results.

Our files work very well with the Sony U1 deck.

If one records at 50 Mbps Long-GOP, which is Sony Optical Disk format, and broadcast quality, one can download the files using the U1 deck and the files go into the normal, playable area of the Sony Professional Disk.

Please note that when our files are downloaded, the Proxy files are created automatically.

Then, these files are playable in any Sony Optical Disk device.

Also, one can download any of our files, regardless of format or bit-rate into the user area. But these files can not be played directly by Sony Optical Disk devices. This makes the Sony Optical Disk device a nice archive and delivery medium.
Old October 22nd, 2010, 10:09 AM   #17
Regular Crew

nano files

Hi Dan
I hope you mean non playable when you use bitrates farther than 50/mbs,we all know that professional disk does a maximum of 50/mbs playable.
But any other format SD or HD mxf less than 50/mbs is playable on Xdcam deck,am I wright?
You didn’t mean that 50/mbs HD nano files is the only one supported by U1.
I shoot HD AND SD with nano,almost always with 50/mbs.
Thank you Dave for your time. And thank you Dan also,not only for your reply here but for every other info you give here on this forum,CD guys are great.
One last thing Dan,I undertstand that it takes time to other tests with the new firmware,can you confirm that this list bellow will be (or still) in in the new firmware:
SD Aspect Ratio (Video->SD Aspect Ratio) fixed. In earlier versions, this was not always being applied correctly to files.
Improved MPG support.
Improved reliability in .MPG file format.
Fixed audio / video sync during playback from Flash XDR.
Thank you all.
Samer
Samer Aslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2010, 10:56 AM   #18
Inner Circle

Dear Samer,

Here are the formats supported by the Sony U1 Deck:

Recording/Playback Format Video:
MPEG HD422 (50 Mb/s)
MPEG HD (35/25/18 Mb/s)
MPEG IMX (50/40/30 Mb/s)
DVCAM (25 Mb/s)

We should support all but DVCam as we do not support that format.

(However, I have not personally tested all of these formats, but our lab may have.)

Yes, I think we have included all of the items that you mentioned in the next Flash XDR release.

Thank you for the kind words.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey