Different weight measurments for Lithium Ion battery to power the Nanoflash at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old October 12th, 2010, 07:45 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Different weight measurments for Lithium Ion battery to power the Nanoflash

I asked Dan personally but I think it's a good question to have on the forum.
What's the weight difference between the 4-cell and 8-cell batteries nanoflash now offers to power the nanoflash?

In other news I just preordered the Panasonic AF100 - very excited to use this camera with the nanoflash.
Ed David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 09:36 AM   #2
Major Player

Very interesting solution Ed for those who haven't invested in Anton Bauer/V-lock battery systems. I just had a look at this new offering on nanoflash.net. With a bit of industrial strength velcro you're off to the races. The cost savings are significant. The one weak point would be where the cable attaches to the battery cells.

Ed have you been able to determine how much the AF100 weighs and does it come with a kit lens?

Last edited by Andrew Stone; October 12th, 2010 at 12:37 PM.
Andrew Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 11:24 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Dear Ed,

The 8-Cell Lithium-Ion battery offered by nanoFlash.net is 13.7 ounces.

The weight of the 4-Cell is about 7.5 ounces.

The weight of the 2-Cell is about 4 ounces.

While the 2-cell, 2,600 mah Lithium-Ion battery supplies about 3 hours of recording time, the 4-Cell, 5,200 mah battery will provide more than twice the amount of recording time.

The 8-Cell battery is 8,800 mah, or 3.38 times the 2,600 mah of the 2-Cell battery, but should provide more than 3.38 times the recording times.

Rick Kelly of nanoFlash.net will be posting on his website the size and weights of each battery as soon as possible.

The 4-Cell and 8-Call batteries may be charged, quickly, by the 2.7 amp charger. This charger is not appropriate for the 2-Cell battery.

The 8-Cell battery is appropriate for powering the nano3D or powering one nanoFlash for an extended period of time.

Last edited by Dan Keaton; October 12th, 2010 at 12:58 PM.
Dan Keaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 01:54 PM   #4
Major Player

2-cell battery and nano3D

Dear Dan,
This question maybe was explored before and my apologies if it has been. Also, I am sorry for may not posting in a proper Thread.
I have 3 sets of 2-cell of the while 2-cell, 2,600 mah Lithium-Ion batteries. Are they good to power nano 3D set?, duo 2D set? and if yes is the powered time differ from the regular single 2D NF?
Thank you
Luben
Luben Izov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 02:41 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Dear Luben,

The nano3D consists of two nanoFlashes, as you are well aware.

The nano3D is normally powered via one power source, through a single 4-Pin Hirose Connector.

However, the "Y" power cable that comes with the nano3D may be removed, then you can power each nanoFlash separately.

If you power the two nanoFlashes separately, then you may use two of the 2-Cell Lithium-Ion batteries and they will work fine for around 3 hours.

If you want to use one battery to power both, we recommend the 8-Cell battery and the 2.7 amp medical grade charger.
Old October 12th, 2010, 08:08 PM   #6
Major Player

Thank you Dan for the reply!
Today I received my nano3D!!
Cheers
Luben Izov is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey