Clean HDMI on DSLRs at

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old November 7th, 2010, 06:13 AM   #1
Regular Crew
Clean HDMI on DSLRs

Reading the posts in the pairing of Nanoflash and Cameras, Dan, you made a interesting comment. Let's wait for the new crop of DSLRs that will have clean output through the HDMI port. So my questions is: What are the reliable rumors and who will do it first?
I ask, because, I will wait for a while before commiting to purchase, another camera. I use a JVC gu100 with the Nano and get great results. The camera I would be looking at buying would be a DSLR. I emailed Pentax, as well as Canon. With Pentax, I asked them for a clean HDMI output in their next new camera. The same with Canon.
Thanks Roman
Roman Stikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2010, 09:41 AM   #2
Inner Circle
Dear Roman,

There was another question, in another thread that asked essentially the same question.

I hope you do not mind clicking on the link below:

I do not know when a new generation of DSLR's will come out with clean HDMI outputs. I am not being coy, I do not know.

I do know that it is a very difficult project that involves building custom circuits to perform the necessary work, then incorporate these circuits into the cameras.
Dan Keaton
Augusta Georgia
Dan Keaton is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

Omega Broadcast
(512) 251-7778
Austin, TX

(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

(800) 238-8480
Glendale, CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey